Q10 Firmware for the AX8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why do people speculate about products that nobody at fractalaudio has mentioned anything about. I can´t see any information anywhere about a new ax8. This thread started about if, or when, Q 10 was coming to the only existing AX8.
To answer your question:
1) For the same reason someone started this thread
2) Because you Can make a logical connection between Ax8 V10 firmware taking longer than usual and reasons why that might be (like working on a new product).

I was really just trying to have some fun. My apologies for getting OT.

To answer your question:
1) For the same reason someone started this thread
2) Because you Can make a logical connection between Ax8 V10 firmware taking longer than usual and reasons why that might be (like working on a new product).

I was really just trying to have some fun. My apologies for getting OT.

I'm sorry if I sounded harsh. You are not the only one talking about possible future products.
I think I'm just frustrated because I heard the sound of q10 and need it bad !

I'm sorry if I sounded harsh. You are not the only one talking about possible future products.
I think I'm just frustrated because I heard the sound of q10 and need it bad !
I'm with you. I have an AxeFx II running q10, but I only gig with my Axe8. I"m very anxious to gig with q10!

No worries, btw.

Why do people speculate about products that nobody at fractalaudio has mentioned anything about. I can´t see any information anywhere about a new ax8. This thread started about if, or when, Q 10 was coming to the only existing AX8.

You get others' opinions on what might happen. You can consider how long to wait or not with purchases or plans based on how clueless everyone is. You can put a bug in Cliff's ear about your Fractal product dreams. We don't have any real info besides educated opinions, so talking about it is the next best thing.There's no harm in it. Besides, it's fun.

You get others' opinions on what might happen. You can consider how long to wait or not with purchases or plans based on how clueless everyone is. You can put a bug in Cliff's ear about your Fractal product dreams. We don't have any real info besides educated opinions, so talking about it is the next best thing.There's no harm in it. Besides, it's fun.

Yup, plus if we dont get an upgrade then I wont cry. 9.04 was my fav firmware to date so its not like the doesn't sound amazing

if it comes, it comes, if it doesn't then I still have the best tones I've ever had.

Win win

Plus yammering about it on here is fun.......

Regardless of whether FAS has or has not started to design the next generation AX8, we have no idea if the CPU of the current AX8 will support the changes made to Q10 for the AxeFX II. My speculation is that if the AX8 can support the changes, we'll see it soon enough regardless of whether a next generation AX8 is in the works.

...we have no idea if the CPU of the current AX8 will support the changes made to Q10 for the AxeFX II.

*Every* prior update for the II made it onto the AX8, so there's little reason to think this one won't. Especially since AX8 is still a current product in stock for sale.

Probably just time management issues, I'm sure everyone at FAS is busy these days. AFAIK, Cliff doesn't do these ports to AX8 himself (used to be... Joe?)

Yes, I agree. But they did have to remove a few parameters from the amp block to get it to run on the AX8. It’s quite possible that whatever was added for Q10 won’t fit. Until an update is released, or FAS comments on it, we continue to wait.

Regardless, 9.04 sounds fantastic (and I do have an AxeFX III to compare it to).

Last edited:
I would finally have the time to update to 9.04 next week, but I'm not sure if I want to because I feel that the 10.01 is right around the corner!

I don't really get the constant need for the latest firmware or a new unit, it's not like the one we have sounds like one of the first PODs is it?

It's almost like kids with the latest mobile phones.

We already have the best floorbased amp and effects modeller out there and for the most part updates are going to be marginal at best. I mean how much better can it really get?

Never have I watched videos by the likes of @2112 @Marco Fanton @bishop5150 and thought they were in need of a firmware update. We all have the same unit and those guys are proof that in the right hands the AX8 sounds amazing as it is.

I think it's fair to say that the way to really improve on what you get out of the AX8, is to put the time in becoming a better player.

Exactly....Don't get me wrong, I'd love to have a few new effects and to be able to try new amps, but right now my guitar has never sounded better and the only thing currently holding me back is my ability as a player. Sadly a firmware update isn't going to fix that!

New amp models always excite me, but if 9.04 was the end of the road I'd still be happy.
Exactly.

Right now we are experiencing the excitement of anticipation. Had Cliff said no more Axe II / Axe8 updates, we would be happy with our tones and there would be no thread like this. But part of the fun in anticipation is talking about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom