Q10 Firmware for the AX8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmm, so the Ax8, that has less CPU power than the Axe Fx 2 should be able to run a more CPU intensive firmware than the Axe Fx 2 can handle? Are you also hoping that the next firmware should change the screen to a colour screen and add an extra row of buttons?

The Ax8 has always had the same firmware base as the Axe Fx 2. If you dial up any amp and any cab and any effect (staying within the limits of the Ax8), the Ax8 and the Axe Fx 2 will sound identical. Why would this change now? Sure, the Axe Fx 2 is no longer current, but if you're planning to develop for the Ax8, the Axe Fx 2 uses the same CPU family and could use the same firmware. It just doesn't make sense to do one without the other.

Yes maybe needs extra tweaking for the Ax8. also I wonder with the recent launches of AxIII n the FC's there’s a push to get all that rolling smooth. I do think we're in the cog, we just need to wait some.

Last edited:
I don´t know exactly who sad what about this, but I sure hope that the AX8 gets the Q10.
I tried an AXE-FX 2 with Q10 and really prefer that sound and feel. Regarding CPU capacity, people sometimes forget that the AX8, only has to do 50% of the amp- and cab-modeling compared to AXE-FX2.

Hmm, so the Ax8, that has less CPU power than the Axe Fx 2 should be able to run a more CPU intensive firmware than the Axe Fx 2 can handle? Are you also hoping that the next firmware should change the screen to a colour screen and add an extra row of buttons?

The Ax8 has always had the same firmware base as the Axe Fx 2. If you dial up any amp and any cab and any effect (staying within the limits of the Ax8), the Ax8 and the Axe Fx 2 will sound identical. Why would this change now? Sure, the Axe Fx 2 is no longer current, but if you're planning to develop for the Ax8, the Axe Fx 2 uses the same CPU family and could use the same firmware. It just doesn't make sense to do one without the other.

I don´t know exactly who sad what about this, but I sure hope that the AX8 gets the Q10.
I tried an AXE-FX 2 with Q10 and really prefer that sound and feel. Regarding CPU capacity, people sometimes forget that the AX8, only has to do 50% of the amp- and cab-modeling compared to AXE-FX2.

Agreed, plus Fractal know what they're doing so whatever they port to the Ax8 will be worth the wait

My guess - the person responsible for AX8 firmware is busy finishing up firmware for the new AX8 II.

Agreed, plus Fractal know what they're doing so whatever they port to the Ax8 will be worth the wait

Depends on your needs. I don't consider myself an update junky. I'm happy and honestly overpowered by the many amp models inside the box. It would be ok for me if all that FAS did for the Quantum firmware was to fix bugs and improve the AX8 usability. Just my 0.02$, of course.

Depends on your needs. I don't consider myself an update junky. I'm happy and honestly overpowered by the many amp models inside the box. It would be ok for me if all that FAS did for the Quantum firmware was to fix bugs and improve the AX8 usability. Just my 0.02$, of course.

Junky or not. I have tried the q10.01 on an axe fx2 and it is a huge difference. It was so much more realistic to play music with.

Personally i don't see next gen ax8 coming soon, at least not this year...my point of view is that if fractal release new ax8 then it will cancel axefx iii, even with ax8 limitations.

Personally i don't see next gen ax8 coming soon, at least not this year...my point of view is that if fractal release new ax8 then it will cancel axefx iii, even with ax8 limitations.
I see your point, however I think there are plenty of people that are willing to deal with (or even prefer) the rack mount form factor, and the top level horsepower. Personally, I am not; I am too lazy to make an extra trip to my car. And think about how many AX8 people, like me, won't buy the III, but would/will buy a next gen Axe8.

I see your point, however I think there are plenty of people that are willing to deal with (or even prefer) the rack mount form factor, and the top level horsepower. Personally, I am not; I am too lazy to make an extra trip to my car. And think about how many AX8 people, like me, won't buy the III, but would/will buy a next gen Axe8.

Fair points but the Ax3 is brand new and I can't see Fractal putting out another new product at the same time
It'd be too much for a small company considering how well they support their existing units

There will be a newer unit and I'll love to have one, but I can't see it coming for a while yet

Fair points but the Ax3 is brand new and I can't see Fractal putting out another new product at the same time
It'd be too much for a small company considering how well they support their existing units

There will be a newer unit and I'll love to have one, but I can't see it coming for a while yet

I read it in the exact opposite way. By releasing an updated Ax8 that uses the same CPU type and firmware base as the Axe Fx 3, there's less time consuming things to support. By keeping the Ax8 (and the Axe Fx 2) developed, it's more work than when all current units uses the same firmware base. I guess and hope that a new Ax8 model will be released soon.

I read it in the exact opposite way. By releasing an updated Ax8 that uses the same CPU type and firmware base as the Axe Fx 3, there's less time consuming things to support. By keeping the Ax8 (and the Axe Fx 2) developed, it's more work than when all current units uses the same firmware base. I guess and hope that a new Ax8 model will be released soon.

But AX8 is a complete product, doesn't need so much changes, fixes or updates, so they can release fewer updates and problem solved.

I just need a ADA MP1 in my AX8 ... no update , no new AX8 .
When i bought my Vetta combo, Line 6 just released the vetta II. That’s Life.

I just need a ADA MP1 in my AX8 ... no update , no new AX8 .
When i bought my Vetta combo, Line 6 just released the vetta II. That’s Life.
Do some forum searching, some people have tone matched it and shared the preset.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom