Q10 Firmware for the AX8?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know mate, sounds corny but FAS gear and forum is miles ahead. My opinion? No competition. Even Kemper. But some enough isn’t enough. That’s why the ‘rod for back’ comparison

One thing I've been doing that I hadn't for previous updates is reading all the comments to the 10.01 thread in the Axe-Fx II section, as well as listening to the demos posted. A lot of folks there feel this is a big improvement in overall sound quality; and it certainly sounds like something to look forward to for the AX8. I guess two of the more common observations are more articulation and clarity in the high end and a tighter low end.

I know that porting FW from the II to the AX8 takes time, and surely appreciate all the hard work the guys @FAS put into this for us to enjoy.

Still... I'm sad today wasn't FW Friday. Oh well... :p

Having them both, I have to say the 10.01 is bad ass, but I’m also equally enjoying the firmware that came with my ax8 earlier this week. Every bit as good as the latest on the axefx ii

Does anyone saw a confirmation that the 10.01 will really migrate to the AX8? (sooner or later) :)

Exactly. I cannot know for sure what will happen, most likely AX8 will get the update too, but everyone is like 100% sure about it. Personally i cannot. Also Cliff said before the update that AxeFX II will get some ARES imported but he never mentioned AX8 though. Well, let's see...

Exactly. I cannot know for sure what will happen, most likely AX8 will get the update too, but everyone is like 100% sure about it. Personally i cannot. Also Cliff said before the update that AxeFX II will get some ARES imported but he never mentioned AX8 though. Well, let's see...

I'd say FAS will try to keep the AX8 and AxeFX2 firmware common to avoid having to maintain 3 firmware streams instead of 2.

The AX8 has always received the same updates as the Axe II in the past, so I expect that will not change. Being that the AX8 is still a current product and the II is now legacy, I would think it would be in their best interest to start focusing on AX8 updates first to stay competitive with Helix.

The AX8 has always received the same updates as the Axe II in the past, so I expect that will not change. Being that the AX8 is still a current product and the II is now legacy, I would think it would be in their best interest to start focusing on AX8 updates first to stay competitive with Helix.

I might be totally wrong but I think the AxeFX3/Ares platform does create a lot of pressure on FAS development to come up with an AX8 Mk2 based on the same processor family and the same firmware to avoid being torn between two platforms. With the new FCs they're probably already half way there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom