Q1.06 Plexi 100 ->OH 412 MAR CB

@Black Bitch Plexi 100 Jump. Pretty stock on the basic settings. Lowered the bass but left everything else default. I did add my usual advanced tweaks though.

I used the OH 412 MAR-CB H75-PR 121-00 IR. This is a single mic IR and has a really big amount of low mids. It really needs to be mixed.

But being too lazy to mix it :) I just adjusted the preset. I cut 400 with a PEQ in front of the amp. Lowered 125 -1 with the amp block GEQ set to pre power amp. And lowered the bass in the tone stack to 3 or so.

For solo presets, I always exaggerate the dynamics: lower transformer match, turn up preamp dynamics, add a peq in front of the amp, add a multiband comp between the amp and cab.

Attachments

• plexi 100 barh.syx
    12.6 KB · Views: 16
@barhrecords Thanks for the patch - sounds interessting and will check your settings ;)

The ir I used on the clip in the OH MAR-CB Thread was the OH 412 Mar-CB H75+M75 OH1-06 Overview Folder

Last edited:
@Black Bitch I need to investigate the mixes and quick starts.

I almost always start with a single mic royer 121 if the cab pack has one.

That is my favorite tone from a guitar speaker. I often combine it with an SM57 to balance it, but really prefer the 121 by itself if the bass response is not too overwhelming. A lot of the single mic 121 IR's are shot with mixing in mind, so the bass response is pushed on purpose to my ears.

Good stuff on the recording. I really dig this cab too even though this is my 3rd time grabbing it as it's been released individually, in the Marshall kit, and now with this specific treatment. I do like that the PR M75 and PR H75 were paired. With the OH IRs, I'm digging the SM57 05 captures with dephase at 3. Gives a similar tonality to the OH1 but the bass is more manageable particularly for live use.

Back
Top Bottom