Q obout v10.02

thibderob = Fremen on the forums. He's a beta tester, so my guess is that 10.02 is a beta firmware.

I just stumbled across that Youtube video this week.

Any idea how the synth "bass-effect" line is achieved when it switches to the 2nd preset: B200?
The scenes dont change & the Shift parameter of the Synth Block doesn't either.
How is the synth's note changing pitch.
There's some kind of modifier/controller attached to the shift - but it doesnt move.

In the 1st preset the synth's shift is controlled by the sequencer & you can see the knob value moving.
But in B200 nothing moves.

I just stumbled across that Youtube video this week.

Any idea how the synth "bass-effect" line is achieved when it switches to the 2nd preset: B200?
The scenes dont change & the Shift parameter of the Synth Block doesn't either.
How is the synth's note changing pitch.
There's some kind of modifier/controller attached to the shift - but it doesnt move.

In the 1st preset the synth's shift is controlled by the sequencer & you can see the knob value moving.
But in B200 nothing moves.
it's probably one of the other voices in the Synth block that isn't being shown.

it's probably one of the other voices in the Synth block that isn't being shown.
Ah ok. Good point ... Thanks.
So the sequencer could be changing the pitch (shift) via the sequencer. Makes scense now.

How about the rhythmic effect then please.
Not sure how to describe it but there's a repeated note feel of the same note. Rather than just a constant drone which changes pitch.
If that makes sense.

Ah ok. Good point ... Thanks.
So the sequencer could be changing the pitch (shift) via the sequencer. Makes scense now.

How about the rhythmic effect then please.
Not sure how to describe it but there's a repeated note feel of the same note. Rather than just a constant drone which changes pitch.
If that makes sense.
That is probably the sequencer playing the same notes.

That is probably the sequencer playing the same notes.

I think sequencer consectutive notes just gives the impression of a longer duration.

I did later notice that the 2nd preset in teh youtube clip has a tremolo block after the Sequencer.
Could that give that effect?

I think sequencer consectutive notes just gives the impression of a longer duration.

I did later notice that the 2nd preset in teh youtube clip has a tremolo block after the Sequencer.
Could that give that effect?

Yes, the trem block is probably doing that.

The pitch change is likely sequencer on synth voice 1 shift. Axe-Edit wasn't always consistent with showing modified parameters moving IIRC. Or it might just be a view of AE with sequencer stopped, separate audio added later.

Back
Top Bottom