pykmax... wth?

Looks kind of interesting. I'd give it a go for around $15 or less.

One annoyance with the video: "We literally hit the streets..." No you didn't. FFS.

I wonder how they engineered it, considering the many different ways players hold picks for different tones and effects. For example, can you orientate it quickly to do pick scrapes? What about funky scratching and strumming? Seems like it was designed for one specific kind of guitar player (shredders) in mind.

My right hand is quite weak since I was paralyzed. I don't often throw picks, but am always aware that I might at any moment. I use the big 'taco chip' picks to give me more surface area and put rosin on them. But this thing looks like it may solve my problem. I looked at it on Amazon, and the reviews are rapturous - including one from a disabled army vet.

THANKS for posting this: I just ordered one and am eager to try it. My only concern is if it'll work for all of the stuff I do - from scalar runs to punky slashing power chords. We'll see.

Novel idea, but I think it would get in the way of a lot of techniques and feel for me. Most of the pick feel comes from moving my thumb and finger as opposed to my whole hand. I also sometimes turn the pick around and use the round end for a thumpier attack. What about pinch harmonics, string scrapes, and pick slides too? I can definitely see how it could help someone with hand issues like arthritis or injuries though.

This seems like a more elegant solution.
562031_10151201918977801_1561345232_n.jpg

My right hand is quite weak since I was paralyzed. I don't often throw picks, but am always aware that I might at any moment. I use the big 'taco chip' picks to give me more surface area and put rosin on them. But this thing looks like it may solve my problem. I looked at it on Amazon, and the reviews are rapturous - including one from a disabled army vet.

THANKS for posting this: I just ordered one and am eager to try it. My only concern is if it'll work for all of the stuff I do - from scalar runs to punky slashing power chords. We'll see.

I was gonna say this reminded me of the devices that kid in elementary school used to put on his pens pencils because he couldn't grip things right. I think he had CP, but I'm not sure because he disappeared after 2nd grade.

I hope this works out well for you.

I hear you. I am concerned with this too - as I also do 'odd things' with the pick, and I do currently 'manage' with my taco chips. Have no idea how pinch harmonics etc. will work, etc. But for 14.00, it's worth messing with.

Novel idea, but I think it would get in the way of a lot of techniques and feel for me. Most of the pick feel comes from moving my thumb and finger as opposed to my whole hand. I also sometimes turn the pick around and use the round end for a thumpier attack. What about pinch harmonics, string scrapes, and pick slides too? I can definitely see how it could help someone with hand issues like arthritis or injuries though.

didn't recall hearing any pick harmonics.

I was thinking the same thing. Also, I use enormous beveled picks that I turn on their side for sweeps (not exactly "correct" in the technical sense, but wtf ever, it works good enough for a slop player like me).
My main problem with picks is sweaty palms. I think this *might* be worth looking into for $15.

This just confirms that nobody reads my posts. *LOL*

http://forum.fractalaudio.com/lounge/88932-pykmax-review.html

Sorry Sarasota, but I did go to the link you provided now, and I'm in a similar boat. I wish it was made to accept end-user's picks. Maybe the thick version could be shaved down into a JIII shape?

The picks have holes in the top of them so they can mount in the pistol grip - the whole thing would have to be re-engineered to accept user's picks. You could modify their picks to a smaller shape, which would also be a major pain in the ass. Use this thing and you will never drop a pick, that's for sure. *LOL* That said, I don't think very many on this board are going to like the manufacturer's picks.

Back
Top Bottom