puzzling question Global Volume/Wah/Formant/Controller EXPRESSION PEDAL

Once I understand what I need to know about the unit I own I would be glad to detail information, but how does one get the actual science behind a param when it is not given by the manufacturer? Nothing is worse than no information but bad inaccurate information and I have encountered some of that as well. I really like these products and they are just top shelf, information should not be like hunting for buried treasure or possibly getting someone's user mistaken result. Fractal Audio should bear responsibility for their products not users struggling to comprehend them.
Dare I ask again, please give an example of a parameter with no documentation. Just so we’re on the same page. I’m not asking you to prove anything.

Reactions: Rex
...how does one get the actual science behind a param when it is not given by the manufacturer?
The parameters in Fractal gear have industry-standard behavior and are presented using industry-standard terminology whenever possible. Your unfamiliarity with those industry standards is no sin — we all started there— but it’s not a failure on Fractal’s part.

When you worked for Motorola Semiconductor Process Engineering R&D, you expected your customers to have a certain base level of knowledge. You had to. You weren’t going to teach them how semiconductors work from the ground up. Explaining the scientific basis for every parameter in an FX8 would turn the manual into an imposing 1000-page document that most people wouldn’t touch.

I’ve had to deal with manuals geared toward computer users, programmers, technicians, engineers, scientists and total laymen. Fractal’s manuals are top-rung stuff when it comes to accessibility, accuracy, and ease of use.

Nothing is worse than no information but bad inaccurate information and I have encountered some of that as well.
If you give us some examples of inaccurate information, there are folks here who would gladly fix it.

Back
Top Bottom