Pure taste

Doc Rock

Inspired
The guitarist who played on the original Alan Parsons Project albums is one of my all-time favourite guitar players - Ian Bairnson. He was also the guitar player in the band Pilot ("January", "Oh, oh, oh, It's Magic", and others). A beautifully melodic player, as opposed to a shredder, he knew how to build a solo to a climax, then bring it down gently.

Unfortunately, Ian doesn't play in public any more, due to a degenerative neurological condition - a big loss.

One of my favourite tracks of Ian's is his home studio version of "Georgia" here:

Some superb tones from his PRS and, of course, his fingers...! :)

Turn up the volume and enjoy

That was nice.
Can only hope he's surrounded by loved ones nowadays.
Thanks
Pauly

The guitarist who played on the original Alan Parsons Project albums is one of my all-time favourite guitar players - Ian Bairnson. He was also the guitar player in the band Pilot ("January", "Oh, oh, oh, It's Magic", and others). A beautifully melodic player, as opposed to a shredder, he knew how to build a solo to a climax, then bring it down gently.

Unfortunately, Ian doesn't play in public any more, due to a degenerative neurological condition - a big loss.

One of my favourite tracks of Ian's is his home studio version of "Georgia" here:

Some superb tones from his PRS and, of course, his fingers...! :)

Turn up the volume and enjoy

I agree 100%.
The solo from “I Wouldn’t Want To Be Like You” is an all time favorite. It’s perfection.

Back
Top Bottom