Purchasing an Axe FX 2 in Canada

Satch4u3

Experienced
Hi guys/gals,

Can someone tell me, if you don't mind, what it cost to purchase a new axe fx 2 from the fractal website by the time it ended up on your doorstep in Canada? I am seriously considering buying one but I am wondering if it is more cost efficient to buy direct from Fractal or from an eBay seller. They seem to be going a little more from eBay.

I didn't buy one but estimated with tax, delivery, exchange rate and bank fees I woul be looking at around $2600-2700 CAD. I live in vancouver so pay 12 percent tax.

If they use ups to deliver there will be their ridiculous brokerage fee on top of that as well.

Let me know if I'm wrong peeps.

Hi guys/gals,

Can someone tell me, if you don't mind, what it cost to purchase a new axe fx 2 from the fractal website by the time it ended up on your doorstep in Canada? I am seriously considering buying one but I am wondering if it is more cost efficient to buy direct from Fractal or from an eBay seller. They seem to be going a little more from eBay.

It was $2504.46 CAD exactly, shipped to Saskatchewan (no extra UPS or brokerage fees). It got here in 3 business days.
Buy directly from Fractal as you get the warranty. Some Ebay sellers are more than Fractal because they ship Worldwide whereas Fractal doesn't.

I didn't buy one but estimated with tax, delivery, exchange rate and bank fees I woul be looking at around $2600-2700 CAD. I live in vancouver so pay 12 percent tax.

If they use ups to deliver there will be their ridiculous brokerage fee on top of that as well.

Let me know if I'm wrong peeps.

No additional brokerage fees. They're covered in the UPS shipping charges.

Expedited means all fees, duties, and taxes are included in the price.

Don't buy from Ebay, seriously unless you are buying used.

Good to know. I've been stung by various fees before.

Dd you guys take exchange rate into account etc?

Go to Fractals website and get the total in Canadian dollars. This is a final price that includes shipping, fees etc...mine was a little over $2500 Canadian to my door.

When I bought mine, I called Fractal and they said they include all freight and brokerage charges so there were no surprises when we recieve the product... I bought my Axe FX II over a year ago and had it shipped to Toronto with no problems at all.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

Didn't take long at all. I think 10 days including the weekend.

Just about to splash on an MFC so I'll be going through the process again.

Wow the current exchange rate is a killer...I went for a road trip to the States a couple of weeks ago and was going to go to Dave's Guitar Shop but decided to avoid it since I'd not be able to resist buying a Suhr. The exchange would add ~$1,000 to the price a $3,000 axe...crazy.

WSKdtFQ.png

It ran me just a shade below 3 grand with expedited shipping to Winnipeg for a b-stock mark II. So worth it though

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

From my experiences with buying music equipment across the border:

1. The good ol' US Postal Service charges much more reasonable brokerage fees than any of the couriers. Fractal will probably send it by USPS if you ask them to.

2. If you live near the border, consider hiring a parcel handling service on the other side, and then go pick up your orders and drive them back across yourself. Not only do you only pay the continental US shipping rate, but the customs guys frequently waive the sales taxes and duty when you bring stuff over personally. Most of my rig was bought online from US sources, and I've paid zero duty almost no sales tax by doing this.

3. If you play music for money, or even plan to, you can register for the GST/HST and claim back anything you pay on your music equipment. In Ontario and other provinces with the HST, this means you pay no sales tax at all.

Back
Top Bottom