Purchasing Amp-Matching Presets for the AX8

I am looking for some top quality presets to purchase and I came across these ones where it looks like they used the amp-matching feature.

https://www.choptones.com/collections/fractal-audio-patches/products/bogie-jpc2-amp-pack-patches-ax8

Does anyone have any experience with these types of amp-matching presets?

They sound really good in the videos and I use DiMarzio Crunch Labs in several of my guitars so I would probably get a sound close to what I am hearing in the videos if it was used with the included IR's, however, I am going to use the AX8 for a "live" sound through a tube power amp and cabs so some modifications would be needed for it.

Any feedback would be appreciated since they are pretty expensive and they do not have any samples (I had asked and they said they don't provide any for possible customers).

I've gotten the Funky package from that company and it was decent, but doesnt compare to Glenn Delaune's bundles imo at least, I bought the ultimate one and i use it more than any other bundle ive purchased (Austin Buddy Dream Rigs is a super close 2nd). Believe its cheaper as well (~60) and you get around 40 presets including 10 hybrid amplifiers.

I just looked at their Funky Pack Vol.1 and it looks like it based upon what is already in the AX8 where the other preset is created using amp-matching.

Also, I had come across a video by Glenn where he shared his presets from the video and they were quite good but based upon the older firmware so I will have to see what he is offering now with the Q10 firmware (since I didn't know he sold presets).

Thanks!!

And yeah, the ones by Austin Buddy are always great sounding with super cool routing/switching options so I will look into those ones as well.

I've gotten the Funky package from that company and it was decent, but doesnt compare to Glenn Delaune's bundles imo at least, I bought the ultimate one and i use it more than any other bundle ive purchased (Austin Buddy Dream Rigs is a super close 2nd). Believe its cheaper as well (~60) and you get around 40 presets including 10 hybrid amplifiers.

Do you know if Glenn's patches are for the Q10 firmware?

There is no mention of it on his site where he has those AX8 patches for sale?

Back
Top Bottom