Purchased Patches

where can I try these mud packs?
Tell me which type of sound do you like and I will send you a preset in pm if you want . I’m not here to do promo about them originally in this forum. Just when I read that « we » are scammer, that buying presets is a non sense after all these « thank you » messages I have ...some guys don’t have time to spend building presets . Because yes that’s a looot of time . I don’t know how many hours I have spent testing this and that . I don’t consider myself an axe expert at all but I have ears and know the real stuff pretty well as it was my job half of my life .
I mean if people told me « hey man your presets are shitty give me back my money » I will hide myself in a bush better than continuing promoting them in other places .
No one is obliged to buy presets, but it’s a work when you do it seriously . It’s not a matter to have 20 blocks in the chain and all the extra parameters changed, just finding something that sound good, and I improve them all the time .

I'm sure that someone has already pointed this out, but I haven't read the entire thread ....

My success on using patches of others directly depends on the difference in my monitors compared to whoever built the patch initially !

F.ex. .... I don't have any problems w/ Leon's ( @2112 ) presets ! I'm guessing that it's because my monitors are ( at least ) in the same ballpark as his ( I think he primarily uses Adam A7X's ? ) ....

So ..., my advice would be to see if you can find out what monitoring system was used in the preset construction ? Then try to determine how similar, or different your own monitoring system will be ?

GOOD LUCK !
To add variation on this theme, if what you are listening to from the vendor was recorded direct via an audio interface and posted to YouTube or SoundCloud - and your comparing what you hear on your end through an frfr (monitors, cab, etc.) to the vendor’s recording, I would bet it’s going to sound different as well. Thoughts?

I have purchased multiple patches online with limited success (Lasse Lambert from STL Tones, Metal Pack from Choptones, Rock & Metal Pack from Fremen, etc.). These have all been a letdown. I play a lot of Killswitch / Lamb of God -- these packs produce "flubby" soft rock sounds at best. I'm running my Axe Fx 3 through HS8's using a Caparison Dellinger guitar. Everyone seems obsessed with Fremen's material, and I found it to be garbage. Am I doing something wrong?
I did the same thing when I first got my unit. It was a waste of money. Very few AxeChange presets sound decent with my setup too. You gotta put in the time to get the most out of this. It’s worth it.

I'm also done with buying preset packs. Mostly underwhelming.
I've done it a couple of times and, frankly, any of my own creations sound as good or better.
That's not surprising really because they are tuned to my particular instruments.

Guys, let's be honest with ourselves. If you buy presets from me or anyone else, you will always need to make some, even the slightest, adjustments for your particular instrument. I make and test my presets through 5 different guitars to cover as much of the sonic spectrum as possible. Still, I think the sound will be a little different with your instrument. It would be naive to think that it will be 100% the same. That's why I prefer to request a specific DI from an individual and build a preset around that if I am to achieve the most sonically accurate result.

If I can figure out how backing up all the things works, I'm probably going to blank it's memory and just have my presets. But, it's not a priority. They're not hurting anything just sitting there.
I'd recommend NOT removing the factory presets until you're very comfortable with the system. There's a wealth of good preset programming and well tuned presets and blocks sitting there for you to learn. Just become familiar with the Wiki, especially the Amplifier models list, Cabinet models list and Factory presets pages.

No one is obliged to buy presets, but it’s a work when you do it seriously . It’s not a matter to have 20 blocks in the chain and all the extra parameters changed, just finding something that sound good, and I improve them all the time .
Although i believe in tweaking myself i do read about different preset packs for my knowledge, the fact that you send a new updated file to everyone following every update is something very good and needs to be appreciated compared to many others who dont.

Last edited:
I wonder how many here skip past the factory presets, and jump straight to commercial ones, possibly because there's so many, and it may seem overwhelming. Or it possibly comes from a previous bias, in which factory presets used to not be very good.

There are many great examples of the various amps, there are many that have effects set up in all sorts of interesting ways, and there are many that are already dialed in for popular songs. Jeez, when I played the very first notes of Limelight using that preset, I was pretty impressed.

The factory presets received a complete overhaul after the dust from Cygnus settled, and they really are a fantastic resource. I would encourage anyone who skips going through them, in more than just a cursory run-thru, and jumps right to buying presets, to give them a proper audition.

Tell me which type of sound do you like and I will send you a preset in pm if you want . I’m not here to do promo about them originally in this forum. Just when I read that « we » are scammer, that buying presets is a non sense after all these « thank you » messages I have ...some guys don’t have time to spend building presets . Because yes that’s a looot of time . I don’t know how many hours I have spent testing this and that . I don’t consider myself an axe expert at all but I have ears and know the real stuff pretty well as it was my job half of my life .
I mean if people told me « hey man your presets are shitty give me back my money » I will hide myself in a bush better than continuing promoting them in other places .
a central fav for me is SG into vintage marshall for clean/edge tones and modded 80s marshall (or 80s marshall + TS) for gain/hi gain (pretty boring I know) but I do not really want you to spend time making me a patch - just thought you had a website somewhere with demos or whatever. If your model is to query a customer about what they like, what they play, what they listen to etc and then build them a patch based on that, or based on some requirement they give you, then I think that is a great way to do it and would seem to stand a good chance for success (customer uses the patch with minimal tweaking). As I mention above I've always done my own but have also bought some and learned a tonne from them in terms of routing, settings etc. I do believe though, that if patch sellers would provide, along with a given patch, simple (not too shreddy) patch performance demos using applicable guitars/tunings along with the associated DIs for these performances, customers could make a lot better use of the patch they bought because they would have all the resources necessary to duplicate the target tone they probably heard initially from the patch seller, and adjust toward that known reproducible target via guitar changes/playing technique...of course providing these additional resources would raise the price of a patch, but hey - quality vs quantity and all that...

a central fav for me is SG into vintage marshall for clean/edge tones and modded 80s marshall (or 80s marshall + TS) for gain/hi gain (pretty boring I know) but I do not really want you to spend time making me a patch - just thought you had a website somewhere with demos or whatever. If your model is to query a customer about what they like, what they play, what they listen to etc and then build them a patch based on that, or based on some requirement they give you, then I think that is a great way to do it and would seem to stand a good chance for success (customer uses the patch with minimal tweaking). As I mention above I've always done my own but have also bought some and learned a tonne from them in terms of routing, settings etc. I do believe though, that if patch sellers would provide, along with a given patch, simple (not too shreddy) patch performance demos using applicable guitars/tunings along with the associated DIs for these performances, customers could make a lot better use of the patch they bought because they would have all the resources necessary to duplicate the target tone they probably heard initially from the patch seller, and adjust toward that known reproducible target via guitar changes/playing technique...
https://nomashop.bigcartel.com he has this website too .

And when it comes to Preset from other players, as many here already stated, it’s depending on so many different things.
I really do like Marco Fantons free Presets (G66 Page) they sound really great but Marco and me are using very similar equipment.
Presets fromLeon Todd do sound thin and weak through my equipment because Leon mostly using Guitars tuned to drop C etc.
So the best thing is always to study the unit and learn to do your own presets.
But as @My name is mud already stated, not everyone has the time to do this.
So in this case look for someone who can do custom presets that fit your guitars and equipment etc.

a central fav for me is SG into vintage marshall for clean/edge tones and modded 80s marshall (or 80s marshall + TS) for gain/hi gain (pretty boring I know) but I do not really want you to spend time making me a patch - just thought you had a website somewhere with demos or whatever. If your model is to query a customer about what they like, what they play, what they listen to etc and then build them a patch based on that, or based on some requirement they give you, then I think that is a great way to do it and would seem to stand a good chance for success (customer uses the patch with minimal tweaking). As I mention above I've always done my own but have also bought some and learned a tonne from them in terms of routing, settings etc. I do believe though, that if patch sellers would provide, along with a given patch, simple (not too shreddy) patch performance demos using applicable guitars/tunings along with the associated DIs for these performances, customers could make a lot better use of the patch they bought because they would have all the resources necessary to duplicate the target tone they probably heard initially from the patch seller, and adjust toward that known reproducible target via guitar changes/playing technique...of course providing these additional resources would raise the price of a patch, but hey - quality vs quantity and all that...
I asked not for building a patch but because I had 150 presets that goes from light blues to death metal . So if you are in “light stuff” I won’t send you a patch to play cannibal corpse 😅. I have all the Marshall heads presets . Marshall sounds good in the unit .
Maybe a SG will be my next one to complete my collection . After a life with fender I am considering the others brands since a few years . A black SG with chrome pickups hmmmm

I have purchased multiple patches online with limited success (Lasse Lambert from STL Tones, Metal Pack from Choptones, Rock & Metal Pack from Fremen, etc.). These have all been a letdown. I play a lot of Killswitch / Lamb of God -- these packs produce "flubby" soft rock sounds at best. I'm running my Axe Fx 3 through HS8's using a Caparison Dellinger guitar. Everyone seems obsessed with Fremen's material, and I found it to be garbage. Am I doing something wrong?

give this one a go and let me know what you think:

https://forum.fractalaudio.com/threads/mesa-mk-iv-patch-cygnus.170722/

I don't sell presets, just curious

That's why I prefer to request a specific DI from an individual and build a preset around that if I am to achieve the most sonically accurate result.
That's a cool idea. Basically a virtual rig consultation.

I could see doing something like that if I run into problems in the future. I am slightly curious why I can't get an 808 to sound anything like my TS Mini. But, it doesn't really matter that much to me right now. I've found other ways I like to boost the amp, and I kept coming close to kicking it off my analog board anyway.

I'd recommend NOT removing the factory presets until you're very comfortable with the system. There's a wealth of good preset programming and well tuned presets and blocks sitting there for you to learn. Just become familiar with the Wiki, especially the .... [snip - spam bot]
Yeah...I probably won't get around to it. There are plenty of slots.

I am somewhat acquainted with the wiki. Whoever did that is amazingly helpful. I should look up the cab IRs I ended up using and see exactly what they were IRL.

ETA: the spam-protection thing for new users is a huge pain. That reply was originally longer...I kept deleting chunks trying to figure out what might be inappropriate. It turns out it was the links in the quote.....

Coming from the Kemper, I wanted to get as far away from commercial presets as possible. I spent hundreds of pounds with various vendors and found almost all to be very hit and miss. The YouTube videos all sounded spectacular, and that always paled in comparison to real life due to the "there is no post production on our videos" which clearly has some post production.......that's Kemper life though.

Coming to the Axe FX I made a promise to not purchase any more packs. After playing with the unit I found it was completely illogical to buy packs of presets as the unit itself, even if you approach it as minimal as I do (amp, cab, delay), is extremely easy to use. I can copy @2112 settings all day and be completely happy.

However......I broke that promise to myself and I purchased Austin Buddy's Gold pack. The logic was even if the presets are not to my taste, the formatted layout, the level matching, the ability to try out all the amps with 'matched' cab was enough to justify the purchase. When I am uninspired, I can scroll through and try a new amp without having to create it, find the right IR, find a reference sound for that amp......YAWN.

Austin's way of dialing in an amp is not entirely to my taste, obviously, he is not me. His choice of cabs for some amps is not to my taste, obviously, he is not me. But with minimal changes to amps that stood out, I found more amps I liked that I would never have considered such as the Splawn, the Dual Rectifier, AC30, and oddly enough an amp I have never been keen on, the Plexi. The Marshall#34 sounds dreadful when I try to dial it in, Austin nailed that for me.

To me, it's a bit rude to say 'they shouldn't be made or 'it's a scam', they do serve a purpose for some people regardless of my experience. I have zero use for a strap on dildo, doesn't mean they shouldn't be sold, someone gets pleasure out of it.

Right, that's my perspective, I am off to my dildo dungeon.....I mean studio.

That's a cool idea. Basically a virtual rig consultation.

I could see doing something like that if I run into problems in the future.
Yeah, I think I'm the only vendor who offers this. It seems like the most logical solution for someone looking for a specific sound. It's a bit more expensive than "regular" presets, but one gets 1:1 what one is looking for.

Back
Top Bottom