Pulled trigger on Xitone cab finally!

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
UPDATE:
Just arrived and love it. Mick made this custom size to fit my rack case exactly. He nicknamed it "Phatboy". It's powered with closed back and with 2 input channels and also has bluetooth. It is a single 12 and loud as fuck! I run the level on it at half and my Axe Fx II output 2 at 9 o'clock. Mick was very responsive to emails and would buy from him again. This is like a better Friedman without the crazy cost. Not cheap, but reasonable. SEE PICS BELOW.

Thanks Mick!

ORIGINAL THREAD START:
Ordered a custom FRFR powered can with bluetooth playback. Single recessed handle on the top and will fit right below my 8 space black tolex NYC Pedalcase, rack case. While I'm fine with using a EV ZLX- 12P powered wedge, this will look cool! He's been patient over the years answering questions and always seems fast with responses. He runs his company right is what I'm saying I guess! Also lots of you love his sound. I've tried CLR and was too sterile. Friedman does not look my cup of tea. I'll report back once I receive.

Attachments

• rsz_img_2011.jpg
    rsz_img_2011.jpg
    205.6 KB · Views: 188
  • rsz_img_2012.jpg
    rsz_img_2012.jpg
    183.5 KB · Views: 171
Last edited:
Was this a Michael Britt-style one? I talked to him a while back about doing one of those a while back and would have one already if I were currently playing shows.

Sounds awesome. I hope you make a video when you get it. Hopefully something like that ends up sounding super deep and punchy.

I’m using a GNR IR with mine and loving it. Sounds and feels like a real green back being pushed. The XiTone seems to handle any IR in that it never gets too boomy or hissy.

Thanks for the review. Do you have any more detail on the comparison to CLR? I've narrowed down my choice to these two options.

Thanks for the review. Do you have any more detail on the comparison to CLR? I've narrowed down my choice to these two options.
I owned a CLR and did not like. Sounded sterile and shrill IMO. The Xitone is perfect. Cab like sound that translates perfect to FOH rig. You just adjust the FOH global EQ a minor tad(as you would with anything you dial in on other than your FOH mains) and you're GTG.

Back
Top Bottom