AFIII "Pull Me Under" - Petrucci Rig Preset

I recorded this using the 100% stock Petrucci Rig factory preset. Amp Channel switching on this thing is just so fast. Automating scene changes with midi and rocking through a song is just an absolute f*¢¥ing blast.

Sounds nice, but i wonder if it can be done to match the wide stereo spread of the original recording.

Sounds nice, but i wonder if it can be done to match the wide stereo spread of the original recording.

? The album is double tracked guitars. This is a single take of guitar to demonstrate the III. I could have widened the stereo enhancer, but this is the factory preset setting that approximates JP's live setting.

? The album is double tracked guitars. This is a single take of guitar to demonstrate the III. I could have widened the stereo enhancer, but this is the factory preset setting that approximates JP's live setting.

I understand that. Just wondering how close can that presets get to the actual album sound, its a starting point.

Starting point? Match the stereo field? Man, I don't know how anyone could listen to that clip and find anything to nitpick about.

What really pisses me off about the clip is that he couldn't be bothered to hire Ted Jensen to master the track.

Starting point? Match the stereo field? Man, I don't know how anyone could listen to that clip and find anything to nitpick about.

What really pisses me off about the clip is that he couldn't be bothered to hire Ted Jensen to master the track.

I really like playing stereo fields tricks with the Axe Fx II, in many mixes its such a joy to spread beautifully the guitar tracks. I was just wondering if anything different could be done with the current state of the Axe Fx III. Its not nitpicking.

The II's Petrucci Rhythm has almost the same effects and should, IIRC, have a clean amp on Y. You can set up the scenes easily enough.
Or get a III... ;)
I got most of the scenes set up based on what was there. TYVM! It doesn't have the clean amp but I can throw something together on Y from another JP preset I have.

Back
Top Bottom