AFIII "Pull Me Under" - Petrucci Rig Preset

I wonder if someone has successfully tone-matched a standard pickup for the piezo sound during the intro. I haven't used it on the Axe III, yet, but that might be in the cards for this weekend.

I wonder if someone has successfully tone-matched a standard pickup for the piezo sound during the intro. I haven't used it on the Axe III, yet, but that might be in the cards for this weekend.
Some people have put together acoustic simulation presets that are useful in a live situation, but I've never heard one that I would call convincing.

I think you'd be better off trying to tone-match an acoustic recording instead of a piezo pickup. Piezos don't accurately capture the sound of an acoustic guitar, either. Acoustic tone matches are way better than nothing, but there are things going on with an acoustic tone that a magnetic pickup doesn't even respond to.

Some people have put together acoustic simulation presets that are useful in a live situation, but I've never heard one that I would call convincing.

I think you'd be better off trying to tone-match an acoustic recording instead of a piezo pickup. Piezos don't accurately capture the sound of an acoustic guitar, either. Acoustic tone matches are way better than nothing, but there are things going on with an acoustic tone that a magnetic pickup doesn't even respond to.

I don't have a piezo pickup in any of my guitars, so I will just tone-match the intro guitar track from the original recording, and then match it against my standard humbucker pickup in my EVH Wolfgang and see what I get. I have it set up so I can coil split the pickups, so I have a couple of options for trying a tone match. I have @Moke's acoustic tone matches, which are pretty darn good for my purposes, but this doesn't really sound very acoustic to me at anyway. It's just not a standard electric guitar sound.

This sounded great... It was recorded about a year before I ordered the III. Mine shipped with firmware 5.04 I believe.. could be wrong it was a while ago. Now we have Cygnus 16.0 beta... Amazing how good this sounded early on and all the all the work FAS has put in it to keep improving it.

Back
Top Bottom