Psycho acoustic story

edo

Power User
Vendor
Yesterday I finally put the new highly acclaimed motor drive on my main amp global block (linked to 90% of my presets) and played a gig. I had this stupid smile throughout the whole show for how good everything sounded.
Then today I found out that the motor drive was only on that one preset I tweaked yesterday (and I haven't used it last night), all other presets were exactly the same as they were last week.
Bottom line, I suppose I just had a lucky iem mix, and there is still a bug with global blocks (at least via axe edit)!

Motor Drive is in the Cab block.
Speaker Drive is in the Amp block.
Did you mean Speaker Drive? Or did you adjust the wrong block/setting?

Motor Drive is in the Cab block.
Speaker Drive is in the Amp block.
Did you mean Speaker Drive? Or did you adjust the wrong block/setting?

Motor drive is what I meant, and in 7.2 it's in the amp block too!

My gig last week was also on Q7.02 and I did have motor drive set on my main amp, it was by far our greatest sounding gig so far. I agree @edo i don't think it can get much better than this...

You are correct. I was on 7.01 and they were in different blocks.
Does saving on the front panel fix your issue?

From the release notes.
"The Motor Drive simulation is available in both the Amp block and Cab block now. It is recommended to use the simulation in the Amp block when using an FRFR configuration as the Amp block simulation uses the speaker resonance information in the calculations whereas the Cabinet block uses fixed values. When using a conventional guitar cab, or a hybrid configuration with monitoring via a conventional guitar cab and speaker emulation to FOH, the Motor Drive in the Cabinet block can be used instead. The simulation in the Amp block also has the advantage of being independent of the block’s output Level control."

Back
Top Bottom