Pssst... new FC-6 owners...

It’s so much easier to explain and “experience” when you actually have the controller under your feet, so I’ll wait just a little bit.

I wouldn’t say it’s a deciding factor anyway.

are you talking about another option than the one I tried out once at your place ?

;)

It's just a way of configuring things.

I'll try to explain:
  1. The FC-6 and FC-12 controllers provide 8 "layouts": configurable sets of 6 or 12 switches.
  2. The device must provide a way to switch between these sets.
  3. There are several ways, but there's one "master" method: the Master Layout Menu (MLM). The MLM shows an overview of the layouts (like the "Single Preset" or "Single Scene" function on the AX8), and lets you select one by pressing a switch.
  4. The MLM is recalled as follows: hold the bottom right switch and tap the top right switch ("combo switch").
  5. There's an obstacle: the FC-6 only has 6 switches, so it can't display all 8 layouts at once. To access layouts 7 and 8 on the FC-6, you have to repeat the MLM combo switch to show its 2nd page, and believe me: this is not a natural motion.
  6. Also, working with layouts and just 6 switches means that some switching has to be performed to access a certain switch/function. Altern. you can duplicate a switch/function in multiple layouts, but this decreases the number of switches which are available for switchable stuff, and switches are a scarce and a precious commodity on the FC-6.
So what's the trick?

The MLM actually is a layout itself: number 9. As such, it can be edited just like the other layouts. Program its switches as follows on the FC-6:
  1. = Layout 1
  2. = Layout 2
  3. = Tuner
  4. = Layout 3
  5. = Layout 4
  6. = Master Layout Menu's other page.
The MLM has two pages on the FC-6. Program the 2nd page as follows:
  1. = Layout 5
  2. = Layout 6
  3. = ?
  4. = Layout 7
  5. = Layout 8
Benefits:

Switches 1, 2, 4 and 5 (page 1) let you switch to layouts 1-4, in a logically ordered way. Also, the same switches let you switch to layouts 5-8 on the MLM's 2nd page, see below.

The Tuner is now always quickly accessible, just one click away from any position / layout. No need to need to switch layouts or to duplicate it in multiple layouts.

Switch 6 on page 1 now makes it much easier to switch to the 2nd page of the MLM. You don't have to repeat pressing the entire combo switch, but just press your toe once more, which is a more natural motion.​

Just like the Tuner, you can assign something that you often need to access quickly to switch 3 on the 2nd page of the MLM. This can be your favorite preset, of any function the FC-6 provides.​

As I wrote before, I can describe this trick using 1000 words, but you'll only learn its benefits when actually using the FC-6.

Last edited:
It's just a way of configuring things.

I'll try to explain:
  1. The FC-6 and FC-12 controllers provide 8 "layouts": configurable sets of 6 or 12 switches.
  2. The device must provide a way to switch between these sets.
  3. There are several ways, but there's one "master" method: the Master Layout Menu (MLM). The MLM shows an overview of the layouts (like the "Single Preset" or "Single Scene" function on the AX8), and lets you select one by pressing a switch.
  4. The MLM is recalled as follows: hold the bottom right switch and tap the top right switch ("combo switch").
  5. There's an obstacle: the FC-6 only has 6 switches, so it can't display all 8 layouts. To access layouts 7 and 8 on the FC-6, you have to repeat the MLM combo switch to show its 2nd page, and believe me: this is not a natural motion.
  6. Also, working with layouts and just 6 switches means that some switching has to be performed to access a certain switch/function. Altern. you can duplicate a switch/function in multiple layouts, but this decreases the number of switches which are available for switchable stuff, and switches are a scarce and a precious commodity on the FC-6.
So what's the trick?

The MLM actually is a layout itself: number 9. As such, it can be edited just like the other layouts. Program its switches as follows (FC-6):
  1. = Layout 1
  2. = Layout 2
  3. = Tuner
  4. = Layout 3
  5. = Layout 4
The MLM has two pages on the FC-6. Program the 2nd page as follows:
  1. = Layout 5
  2. = Layout 6
  3. = ?
  4. = Layout 7
  5. = Layout 8
Benefits:

Switches 1, 2, 4 and 5 (page 1) let you switch to layouts 1-4, in. a logically ordered way. Also, the same switches let you switch to layouts 5-8 on the MLM's 2nd page, see below.

The Tuner is now always quickly accessible, just one click away from any position / layout. No need to need to switch layouts or to duplicate it in multiple layouts.

Switch 6 on page 1 now makes it much easier to switch to the 2nd page of the MLM. You don't have to repeat pressing the entire combo switch, but just press your toe once more, which is a more natural motion.​

Just like the Tuner, you can assign something that you often need to access quickly to switch 3 on the 2nd page of the MLM. This can be your favorite preset, of any function the FC-6 provides.​

As I wrote before, I can describe this trick using 1000 words, but you'll only learn its benefits when actually using the FC-6.

Cool stuff Alexander !!!
Me like.....:):):):):):):)

Now just patiently waiting for the invite letter by G66......:rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom