PSA: Great deal on a 2013 Gibson Les Paul Standard

I just talked to gainesville fl., where mine is being shipped from and confirmed that it is on the way. I also went back to the web site, entered my zip and was able to place another one in my cart. It is legit dudes!

Did you buy a 2nd one? I'm thinkin about it...

That is a CRAZY price for a standard.

EDIT: Ooops

Read what happened.

Congrats to whoever gets one.

That did seem ridiculous for a standard

Did you buy a 2nd one? I'm thinkin about it...

No, I didn't buy a second one. I talked with customer service again and they indicated that this deal was legit and that they had shipped all they had from the central warehouse. It looks like they have taken the money out of my account. We'll see what happens! At this price buy a second one if you can. You can definitely turn for a profit if you desire.

If it's not a legit price, then how do they explain that it's still shown on the site?

Put in my order and when I hit submit I got:

We are sorry, but the following item could not be sourced from a store.
#108571910_P
Please remove these items from your cart if you wish to complete this order.

No dice for me.

Yeah I got that a bunch of times, then all of a sudden it worked for me. Still haven't received a cancelation notice. Guess I'll find out tomorrow.

I was able to order one last night. My card was charged, but I have not received a shipping notification yet.

Don't get too excited. I ordered yesterday around noon EST. Got a confirmation and my card was charged at that time. The cancellation email didn't come until last night around 8 PM.

Just got a notice that my order was canceled. Card is being refunded. No explanation was provided for the cancelation. Seems a bit dishonest and possibly not living up to the terms of the order agreement to just cancel it with no explanation or reason. Poor customer service. Oh well, it was worth a try. To everyone who got a shipping notice, I hope you get a great instrument and enjoy it!

Edit: Just saw another email from customer service at the Rochester store saying they had already sold the two they had and the web site had apparently not updated the stock info.

Last edited:
Just got a notice that my order was canceled. Card is being refunded. No explanation was provided for the cancelation. Seems a bit dishonest and possibly not living up to the terms of the order agreement to just cancel it with no explanation or reason. Poor customer service. Oh well, it was worth a try. To everyone who got a shipping notice, I hope you get a great instrument and enjoy it!

Edit: Just saw another email from customer service at the Rochester store saying they had already sold the two they had and the web site had apparently not updated the stock info.

I'll say it one more time... call the store and order it directly from them.

No explanation was provided for the cancelation. Seems a bit dishonest and possibly not living up to the terms of the order agreement to just cancel it with no explanation or reason

I'm very pleased to declare that I'm not in the legal profession, but I do seem to recall, in UK law at least, something about an 'offer to treat' in that retailers are not legally bound to honour such deals...
thinking.gif

Poor customer service.

Mmm, maybe... but let's face it, most customers in this case were excited by what might have been an error, or even limited stock, so they're not guilty of the worst Customer Service in history really, but yeah, a bit of communication may not have gone amiss

Still, would have been great to score one and congrats to anyone that has managed to!
beers.gif

Still no notice here, but I'll be surprised if the deal goes through at this point. No shipping notification either.

I'll say it one more time... call the store and order it directly from them.

How does that work? Do you order from your local store and ask them to find available stock, or do you call around and find a store with available stock and call them to have it shipped? Not sure if this is possible now that the online price has changed?

How does that work? Do you order from your local store and ask them to find available stock, or do you call around and find a store with available stock and call them to have it shipped? Not sure if this is possible now that the online price has changed?

Back
Top Bottom