PSA: Don’t forget to disengage VC before gig

tysonlt

Power User
So we play in Eb, ok I’ll have a quick practice before a gig and put a virtual capo on to play along with the tracks. All good.

Get to gig, switch to solo scene and… am I going crazy? Did we just change key or have I forgotten how to play guitar??

Halfway through the gig I realise the VC is engaged in the solo scene even though I only ever used it in the rhythm scene 🤦‍♂️

My advice: don’t do that.

I can see a feature request out of this, since that has happened a few times where I've added an effect for a particular scene, like a flanger, and then forgotten that it will be enabled on all scenes. I would probably prefer it to be disabled on all scenes by default, although I can see how that would be unhelpful for amps and cabs :)

There are so many opportunities for "ah der" moments with electronics. I've done troubleshooting for 10 minutes changing cable, re-installing firmware etc to figure out why I'm not getting any sound out of my rig. Only to find out that one of my cats stepped on my volume pedal and turned it to zero.

Back
Top Bottom