PRS vs Parker!

Can't compare to Parker. I own 2 Suhr's and for me they kill everything else I have played with the exception of Anderson which I felt was it's equal (though played different IMO then the Suhr).

But I have a preference for Strat style guitars.

Overall I much preferred the Suhr over PRS which was why I went with the Suhr. But again, the reality is I simply prefer strat guitars. That is what feels right in my hands. So if you don't have the strong strat preference I do, you may prefer a PRS.

Men Jack of old trades… EB MM Petrucci 6 or 7. Love mine!!! Less Expensive and a good Eye candy too… I even saw Bonamassa playing one on Paladia while ago

Parker is awesome, have an old Fly Deluxe, gets 90% of play time, especially at gigs. Frets are like the day I got it, it doesn't freak out with temp changes, plays like a dream. Sound is debatable... it sounds different from my other guitars... that is a good thing. I got it for a steal, but would have paid more for it. Would love another one sometime with a flame top, or one of the new ones with Floyds.

Can't compare to Parker. I own 2 Suhr's and for me they kill everything else I have played with the exception of Anderson which I felt was it's equal (though played different IMO then the Suhr).

But I have a preference for Strat style guitars.

Overall I much preferred the Suhr over PRS which was why I went with the Suhr. But again, the reality is I simply prefer strat guitars. That is what feels right in my hands. So if you don't have the strong strat preference I do, you may prefer a PRS.

I really feel these 3 brands are vastly superior to Parker

For my tastes suhr modern for the win, though its all subjective in the end, and the only way to be sure is to play everything you can get your hands on.

In my "opinion", the PRS's I've played feel boxy and don't feel right to me, however i CAN attest to the quality you get from a suhr is second to none, that's the companies hallmark and what they are famous for and why they are in business (absolute attention to detail, john suhr is the Cliff of fractal, he loves what he does and tries to make the best product without question), however you have to have a lot of cold hard cash and expect to wait 6 months for your guitar and spend a lot of time specing what you actually want

My 2 cents complete, insert another coin

for your entertainment

I hate you guys.

I was just gassing for a PRS 513. Now I've gotta add Suhr Modern and a Tom Anderson to the list...... ;) :D

P.S.: I don't really hate you. ;) My wife does though. :D :D :D

Well, I remember the day well when Dave Navarro switched from Ibanez to PRS ... it was the day Jane's Addiction began to suck.

I've been playing Parkers since 94. Then back in 2001 I fell in love with a PRS Custom 24 I saw on Ebay. I bought it. Beautiful tobacco bust. I really wanted to love that guitar. It played well, sounded good, but then, as soon as I picked up my Parker, which was 3 pounds lighter by the way, everything fell into place.

They use to have some slogan - nothing plays like a Parker. I think it's still true.

I've been playing Parkers since 94. Then back in 2001 I fell in love with a PRS Custom 24 I saw on Ebay. I bought it. Beautiful tobacco bust. I really wanted to love that guitar. It played well, sounded good, but then, as soon as I picked up my Parker, which was 3 pounds lighter by the way, everything fell into place.

They use to have some slogan - nothing plays like a Parker. I think it's still true.

Good to see you posting here Patzag. I was wondering when you would show up! I stopped hanging on the Parker forum awhile ago but certainly remember your posts there.

I still have DragonFly on my radar due to the change in the body shape, as I liked the Fly but the shape was uncomfortable for me. But it seems like a few things that I liked about the Fly have changed, such as the neck profile, and 22 fret HSS becoming the standard versus 24 frets and HH.

Good to see you posting here Patzag. I was wondering when you would show up! I stopped hanging on the Parker forum awhile ago but certainly remember your posts there.

I still have DragonFly on my radar due to the change in the body shape, as I liked the Fly but the shape was uncomfortable for me. But it seems like a few things that I liked about the Fly have changed, such as the neck profile, and 22 fret HSS becoming the standard versus 24 frets and HH.

Hi There!
Good to see you here too.
Well the DF is available in 24 frets HH and trust me, the change in neck is inconsequential. I mean if you liked the old deluxe neck, you'll be right at home with the current neck which is virtually identical.

Hey,

I've had five parkers, four PRS, and currently own two suhrs (modern and strat)

I'd have to say that the best and most consistent are the PRS as far as build and playability.

I am a huge fan of the parkers but I had too many quality issues with them and now all the new ones have a straight 14" radius instead of the 10-13" radius they used to have.
I much prefer a rounder radius fingerboard like the PRS.

The suhrs are great but in my opinion don't play as well as the PRS I've owned.
But they have the best sound of any guitar I've owned.

My advice, try them all then decide.

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

I agree with all of this. Owned several PRSi but my current favorite is the Tremonti II thats awesome for heavy stuff, but not the best for cleans. 2 years ago I picked up a Suhr Standard Pro for the sweeter single coil stuff. I couldn't be happier with the fit and finish of either of these guitars. The Tremonti is more fun (for me) to play but the Suhr covers a ton more territory. If I were only going to buy one guitar I'd consider the PRS Studio with the Humbucker and Narrowfield pickups. This year I made a weekend trip to Dave's Guitars to pick up a second Suhr with the Floyd bridge but was dissapointed in the fret work and came home empty handed.

No one can tell you whats best for you except you, but you'll be hard pressed to get a bad guitar from the builders mentioned here.

Back
Top Bottom