PRS SE Hollowbody II Piezo

pharmd07

Experienced
Been trying to get my hands on a PRS SE Hollowbody II Piezo. Out of stock everywhere. I have it reserved on Sweetwater and my local music store.

I hope it’s worth the wait. Anyone have any experience with these guitars?

Played one at the local music shop. Great guitar, though a bit on the pricey side here (almost $2000 CAD)

Pricey but more than half off any available usa version.

I missed out on an SC HBII in angry larry out West, still a bit bitter has I had a forum guy call the seller.

I certainly can’t afford the Core version of the Hollowbody II Piezo. And I can’t find anything that compares in the $1500 price range. Too bad no one has a single PRS SE Hollowbody II Piezo in stock. At the end of last year Sweetwater said they would be available in March 2021, but now that’s been pushed back to August 2021.

Sweetwater says they have a Black Gold Burst one in stock right now. The Peacock Blue one says it's out and they suggest an alternate, but you can add the Burst and check out.

Edit: Cancel that! There's a small disclaimer about needing more delivery time.

Yeah I am definitely not complaining it's expensive for a PRS guitar, it's a great instrument too, the price is just kind of at the upper limit of mass produced import guitars. I have actually been looking for a semihollow with a piezo and it is under consideration...

Yeah I am definitely not complaining it's expensive for a PRS guitar, it's a great instrument too, the price is just kind of at the upper limit of mass produced import guitars. I have actually been looking for a semihollow with a piezo and it is under consideration...
It's supposed to be a real work horse. I'm a semihollow fan and was considering this, but have gone with a Kiesel because I also wanted synth access.

It's supposed to be a real work horse. I'm a semihollow fan and was considering this, but have gone with a Kiesel because I also wanted synth access.
Yeah I'm also looking at the SH575... It's more expensive but also a lot more customizable. I have 3 Kiesels and am extremely happy with them, so that helps :)

Freman did a cool demo on the Axe of one he recently picked up:
I received this beauty yesterday, just 30 minutes before I had to go out. Wanted to record a quick demo with it, which I did in ten minutes ! I edited a 30 seconds video version which I sent to a few friends, and out I was - the taxi was waiting outside ;)
Today, I made a proper edit, and here it is. I used a Axe-Fx 3 preset made for my Taylor electro-acoustic to test the piezo and clean sounds

Last edited:

Strandberg has entered the chat haha.

I'd love to try one, my PRS hollowbody GAS still exists despite owning a very fun MC594.

Yeah I'm also looking at the SH575... It's more expensive but also a lot more customizable. I have 3 Kiesels and am extremely happy with them, so that helps :)
Yeah, the SH575 is what I'm waiting on. I stumbled upon it because I wasn't sold on a Godin. This will be my first Kiesel, so that's encouraging to hear that you have three. I agree with the customization aspect. I think they are doing finish work like no other company right now, pretty impressive.

Oh! I think I found one! Guitar Center suddenly had new PRS SE Hollowbody Piezos in stock. I ordered it. Makes me a little nervous to order from GC as I’m not sure I really trust them, but I can send it back if something is wrong. Hopefully I’ll have it next week.

Seems like a big shipment of SE's must have recently got distributed because I've been seeing a whole bunch of Canadian dealers promoing a lot of new PRS SE stock

Oh! I think I found one! Guitar Center suddenly had new PRS SE Hollowbody Piezos in stock. I ordered it. Makes me a little nervous to order from GC as I’m not sure I really trust them, but I can send it back if something is wrong. Hopefully I’ll have it next week.
Guitar Center is just the physical presence of Musician's Friend.

Back
Top Bottom