PRS S2 594s!

My 594s are some of the best playing/sounding guitars I’ve ever owned, but it took saving and selling other guitars to get them (no regret there). I’m glad to see them getting some of that goodness into the “doesn’t have to sell a kidney” range! Sounds and looks pretty darned good! And there is a “thinline” that looks like it’ll give an SG a good run too.

I'm surprised there aren't more hits on this thread. The 594s are stooopid good guitars (I bought 3) and it's great news that there's a more affordable version coming available!

The S2 carves are definitely not as nice as the non-S2 stuff, but if this is the same playability and sound as the blinged out 594s I'm definitely in and that Les Paul I bought last year is ooooout the dooooor.

I've been thinking about a Les Paul style guitar... I like the 594 but didn't want to throw down the cash for one.

When I saw the announcement yesterday I was immediately intrigued.

I will be checking them out when they hit the stores. Lucky to have a PRS dealer in the small local music shop.

Lucky to have a PRS dealer in the small local music shop.
I went by there Tuesday night. Was ready to buy a low end bass from them. 6:45 pm -- they were locked up! Sign said they closed at 7. Blah. Small town music shop indeed...

I went by there Tuesday night. Was ready to buy a low end bass from them. 6:45 pm -- they were locked up! Sign said they closed at 7. Blah. Small town music shop indeed...
Hmmm... Maybe a slow night?

Sucks if you made the drive up, though. :(

Don’t mean to go sideways on this thread but...
Does anyone here own the SE Hollowbody II?
I’ve wondered about this since I heard one at namm in nashville.
I’ve longed to own one of those for the longest time. :)

I'm debating getting a used S2 of some sort after realizing that I'm afraid to take my Schecter C-1 Exotic out of the house because of how unscratched it is, but also because I haven't bonded with it a ton. The S2s look like they'd be great workhorse guitars.

First guitar I’ve had gas for in quite a while. I’d likely need to sell my Gibson Les Paul though for it to make sense.

Single or double cut?

So I've got a Core 594, a Private Stock 594, and an SE Hollowbody. The 594 is the first non-Les Paul I've played that delivers the goods for me as a Les Paul alternative. Great guitars. The reason I mention the SE Hollowbody is that it has the same pickups as the S2 594. If the SE Hollowbody is any indication, you won't be disappointed.

From what I've heard, the S2 594 is using the USA hardware whereas the other S2 models have been using SE hardware so that's a definite plus.

Back
Top Bottom