PRS Robben Ford signature guitar

it was 4799 on John Manns site. Honestly less than I expected but in general it wasnt a strong deviation from a McCarty plus its a opaque black top. So all the "artist tax" seems to be shifted from nice tops.

Looks pretty. I like the simple top with the binding everywhere.

1665575406401.png

I like the control layout. And that bridge.

Hopefully it gets into the regular rotation and not just a limited run.

Honestly, for a limited run guitar, that's not a terrible price as all things PRS go.

Looks pretty. I like the simple top with the binding everywhere.

View attachment 109674

I like the control layout. And that bridge.

Hopefully it gets into the regular rotation and not just a limited run.

Honestly, for a limited run guitar, that's not a terrible price as all things PRS go.
Agreed.

I think it’s got a simple-elegance, like a basic tuxedo; the bound neck always does it for me. I had several Les Paul Customs over the years, and most were the jet black livery.

The sound doesn’t seem much different than my SC-245, which is closer in design to a typical Les Paul with four knobs, a split two-piece tailpiece and bridge, and the pickup selector on the upper bout.

It seems like it is the perfect working guitar for Ford, designed to give him the exact sound he wants without the need to take one of his much more expensive classic guitars on the road with him. It’s probably currently a limited run to help recover the R&D money, and, if demand is high enough, might slide into the McCarthy line as a periodic release. PRS does that with several of their core guitars, such as the SC-245.

The price is $4750 on several dealer websites, which in not bad. I don’t need it, but I’m sure it’ll make some people happy as a Christmas present.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom