PRS McCarty 594. Update: One Inbound šŸ˜³

I was supposed to go in 2018, and got diverted to other business. I need to give this another try in 2020!

Iā€™d be wise to leave my credit card at the hotel!

I went in 2018 and had a great time. I did the Signature Club thing so was able to get in the day before, which was nice. Though there are a lot of Signature Club members, it still wasn't as crowded as it was on Saturday - though even that wasn't bad at all.

To each his own. I think those knots are beautiful - add a lot of character.
it's a cool knot and a nice guitar. I bought a expensive guitar and it has a few knots... wasn't happy and the knot has blown out just a bit, leaving a small cavity.. your guitar knots looks very solid, unlike mine.

@BaronVonGrim I thought it was an odd thing to have so prominently there when I first saw pictures of it, but knowing PRS quality first-hand, I knew they wouldnā€™t put a piece of sketchy wood in an Artist Package (or any) instrument. Sure enough, when it got here I could see it wasnā€™t a knot like in a pine board. Itā€™s more of a edge where a burl ends and the wood grain flows around it in an organic way. Itā€˜s one of those character things, and a cool looking piece of wood up close. At the very least it is 100% structurally sound and smooth as glass.

Itā€˜s the top that caught my eye, but the back has itā€™s own vibe, with a lot of movement in the grain. Iā€™m ok if some folks donā€™t like it, either side. Thatā€™s nothing to get ruffled over. I like guitars with great looking pieces of wood in them, but thatā€™s just me.

F58B353E-B980-4DE9-AA2B-AC2805822DA1.jpeg

Last edited:
I have a single cut 594 now for a few months. The honeymoon phase is over now and I'm still playing it. Haven't really touched my LP since. I think that says a lot. Typically I love any new guitar for a while but then after that initial month you start to notice things. I just really enjoy this thing. I thought the neck was going to be big and I hate larger necks but it's so comfortable. This is my 3rd core PRS, and quality is top notch as always. Enjoy it.

I have a single cut 594 now for a few months. The honeymoon phase is over now and I'm still playing it. Haven't really touched my LP since. I think that says a lot. Typically I love any new guitar for a while but then after that initial month you start to notice things. I just really enjoy this thing. I thought the neck was going to be big and I hate larger necks but it's so comfortable. This is my 3rd core PRS, and quality is top notch as always. Enjoy it.
Iā€™ve experienced the same thing before... initially enamored with a guitar that finds its way back into the case and untouched after the new wears off. Thatā€™s what had me finally settle on the 513, because I always return to them after my new guitar affair. šŸ˜³ The purpose for this one was to give me the vintage Gibson tones I want, with PRS feel and construction (ie, vintage without the common vintage issues). So far, itā€™s knocking it out of the park. The guitar is resonant, sustains well, has a great classic ā€œpowerful-without-being-distorted/muddyā€ that I havenā€™t experienced from the current Gibson vintage pickups, which seem to me to have a touch more drive than these. Both sound great in their own way, but the LT pickups are the sound I was looking for here.

The honeymoon is going well, and thatā€™s good. I have had guitars I liked initially, and grew to love, like my old SG and 513s. Iā€™ve never had the pleasure of not liking a guitar initially, and coming to like it better as time went on. Find uses for, tolerate, keep for specific tone needs, yes... but not reach for first by choice just to enjoy playing. Good start with this one.

Crazy looking guitar back! Reminds me of the back of my Les Paul:

42393325394_f80df88f72_h.jpg

Back
Top Bottom