PRS Guitars Question

Ok I'll be ignorant.

Why? Is it obviously inferior in some important way(s) you can see from that pic? The not at all matched top sections?

It could be a good sounding body but the mismatch is pretty bad. I’m surprised they did it is all. Maybe it doesn’t bug some people like it does me. It’s discounted pretty deep compared to other SE594’s.

The whole weird thing about the guitar world is 50 years from now that guitar could be worth 10 times more specifically because of the look. Especially if some future famous guitar god played it. Although the days of the 195x beat up, this or that guitar selling for 6 figures because this guy or that played it are likely not to happen again.

That guitar reminds me of a wallflower type Les Paul Jr. that someone like Leslie West would have played. Didn’t care what it looked like, just that is rocked!

It is funny how that middle piece got put in there. Almost like the guy on the line wanted to see if anyone would notice.

Edit:
Seems the stain and finish team did a nice job regardless. Maybe that’s where the problem happened. The extreme difference wasn’t so apparent until the stain was applied.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom