PRS Custom 24 input level

Fredlegentil

Hi guys,

Just received the monster yesterday and wanted to see if anybody was using a PRS Custom 24 into their Axe Fx III.

My pickups are hot as $%^ and I have to set my input level to about 20-25 to "tickle the red zone".
Just wanted to see what was you guys experience with similar setup!

Cheers

Forgot to mention that mine are 59/09's if I'm not mistaken. But that is still a heck of a difference compared to the 57/08's!

A few things that can impact the output of similar guitar/pup combos. Could be your strings are closer to your pups than @Project Mayhem , are of thicker gauge, and/or generate a higher impulse due to their material. I wouldn’t stress over this. As long as you are just tickling the red with you current setting if 20-25, it’ll perform great! Enjoy!

Lee

Also people play differently. My buddy comes up and plays my rig sometimes for a song or two and he beats the red into submission.

A few things that can impact the output of similar guitar/pup combos. Could be your strings are closer to your pups than @Project Mayhem , are of thicker gauge, and/or generate a higher impulse due to their material. I wouldn’t stress over this. As long as you are just tickling the red with you current setting if 20-25, it’ll perform great! Enjoy!

Lee
All great points.

57/08s HBs on P24 here with long humbuster cable is set to ~40% (vs S-type w/ Ron Ellis SCs not hitting red ever @ same setting) ... works great.

My '89 Custom 24 pickups are very hot and I run the input on my Axe II XL+ around 20 - 25 like you where it tickles the red. I'm guessing the Axe FX III input uses the same inputs, but let me know if there's a difference as I'll be upgrading to the III. The PRS is my hottest output guitar and I use it about 50% of the time gigging. I leave the Axe set up for it even when running lower output strats and my McNaught singlecut with Rio Grande BBQ Buckers.

I just decided that I'll always have the input at 50%. Four of my guitars are PRSs and depending on the model it tickles the red maybe a tad easily at times but it doesn't affect the sound IMO.

if it's an HFS bridge pickup they had to put a step down transformer on that pickup so it wouldn't melt things. it stands for HOLY F(*%^*&^ SHEEAT. which is what i said the first time i plugged it in.

My PRS Custom 22 Artist need 75% to tickle the red. However, I'm going from the guitar through 13 pin cable to synth, from synth line out to AXE III. So I'm assuming this is the huge difference. I'll try plugging 1/4 inch direct and see what the setting is.

Back
Top Bottom