Protective film?

@fractalz Haha, right?! This has been my preference in the past as well (and the plastic on my III is still in place ), but when I sold my first gen AxeFX II after owning it since they first came out, I noticed dust had adhered around the perimeter of the plastic, where the edges reached just beyond the display and onto the aluminum face frame. I’d planned to leave the plastic in place for the next owner, but decided in the end that it was esthetically more pleasing (in my view) to just remove it. But the plastic did its job and the display looked as pristine as the day it was installed! YMMV

Lee

@fractalz Haha, right?! This has been my preference in the past as well (and the plastic on my III is still in place ), but when I sold my first gen AxeFX II after owning it since they first came out, I noticed dust had adhered around the perimeter of the plastic, where the edges reached just beyond the display and onto the aluminum face frame. I’d planned to leave the plastic in place for the next owner, but decided in the end that it was esthetically more pleasing (in my view) to just remove it. But the plastic did its job and the display looked as pristine as the day it was installed! YMMV

Lee
Well,actually, I was joking :). The glass is pretty strong and looks better revealed. But, do whatever feels good!

Sadly, no film on mine. A bit of a letdown not having that choice to peel or not to peel. Sometimes though, it would weigh on me and the pressure finally got to me on my other Fractal products and I caved eventually and removed them all. Maybe it's better if you don't have the option and stress that comes with having screen protection.

I bet y’all also leave the plastic on pickguards and pickup bobbins. All that does is discolor and stain the underlying material. Rip that shit off like a civilized human being and live your life free from fear.

nope, not on mine. the box had also been opened. seeing as how I’m in Australia, it was probably the business owner (Michael) checking to make sure it wasn’t damaged. I thought the lack of screen protector was somewhat odd. It threw me a bit tbh.

Back
Top Bottom