Prospective new Axe-Fx owner (Order placed!)

iohanr

Hi All,

I've been lurking on these forums for the past few months trying to get as much information as I can and do my "due diligence" as far as researching if the Axe-Fx is for me. I currently have a Mesa Roadster Head + Traditional 4x12 cabinet and a pedalboard with the usual suspects. I am not a professional gigging musician (anymore) but just love to play guitar at home, love collecting guitars/amps/gadgets, and especially enjoy exploring different tones. It sounds like the Axe-Fx is right up my alley as I am a definite "tweaker".

Since budget is limited, I am initially planning on getting the Ultra and using it with my Mesa via the Effects return and turning of cab/power amp sims. In the future once I have saved up more cash, I will explore the FRFR stuff.

Having said all that, I have been trying to get in touch with "sales@fractalaudio.com" and have not received any email response in the past two days. Is this normal? My birthday is coming up on 11/23 and I'm trying to get this bought/shipped as a present from my wife and myself to myself. Hahah.

Thanks for reading... look forward to interacting with you guys soon as a fellow owner.

iohan

Re: Prospective new Axe-Fx owner

iohanr said:
I have been trying to get in touch with "sales@fractalaudio.com" and have not received any email response in the past two days. Is this normal?

iohan

No, not normal but don't count the weekend as regular days.
Check your spam folder it might be in there, if not resend the e-mail.

;)

Thanks for the reply. I will just resend the email. Hopefully they won't get annoyed at me by now. Haha.

iohanr said:
Thanks for the reply. I will just resend the email. Hopefully they won't get annoyed at me by now. Haha.

We have the same birthday!!

When I was buying, I got a response from that email address within 30 minutes during business hours. Maybe you went to their spam folder...

If you're sending from certain free email providers, it might be ending up in their spam box too.

makes sense... I will resend an email from my work account and see if they get it. thanks!

screamtone said:
We have the same birthday!!

When I was buying, I got a response from that email address within 30 minutes during business hours. Maybe you went to their spam folder...

Advance Happy Birthday to you and me!

I have resent them an email form my work account. Hopefully I will get a response soon. I would have just ordered using their online store, but I actually need to use two different payment methods and I don't think the online store will allow that.

Ahh!!! The order has been placed and now the excruciatingly long wait begins...

Meanwhile, while I am waiting, what is the best way to hook this up to my Mesa Boogie Roadster head + 4/12 cabinet? If I use just the Effects Return, I will not be able to use the MB's preamp right?

Looking at the Owner's manual p.15, it gives an example "As an Effects Unit with a Combo Amp (or Head and Cab)". If I have it hooked up with the 4-cables, will I be able to use the various Amp sims without it being colored by the MB's preamp tone?

Four-cable method isn't worth the hassle IMHO. Just plug into the fx return and rock out. Be sure to turn off the cabinet sims in the Global menu.

FractalAudio said:
Four-cable method isn't worth the hassle IMHO. Just plug into the fx return and rock out. Be sure to turn off the cabinet sims in the Global menu.

Cool thanks!

Back
Top Bottom