Pros and Cons of Different Powered PA Brands/Models?

MattJR

Hey guys, I have an AX8 due to be delivered very soon and I still haven't decided on what speaker I want. My mind is set on a powered speaker, its just that it's hard to track down what certain speakers do best. The brands I've been researching are Mackie, QSC, JBL and Yamaha. I only want one speaker for now and am happy to spend the money if it's worth the price.

If it helps, I want a speaker that can handle the really heavy metal stuff (good low end) but also covers all bases. I know its always recommended to try it out first but I'd like to have an idea of what to expect before I hook it up in store. If there's another thread that I can check out for some more answers, then let me know. Otherwise, I'd love to hear your thoughts. Thanks!

Many many threads on this. Do a search, you will see tons of threads on it. Lots of different opinions. I would use your ears and try some out.

Do you have any size, weight or price constraints?
I don't have any size or weight constraints. Price doesn't matter as much but with that said, I don't have enough to buy a set of speakers, only one speaker for now. Ideally I wouldn't have to spend more than $1500 AUD

As I'm sure you will find as you search the various threads, the long time and current leading solution is the Atomic CLR, closely followed by Friedman. From the budget side I would suggest you evaluate the new Alto Truesonic TS212, though I have a CLR, my TS212s are arguably 80-90% of what the CLR is at 1/3 the price and 1/2 the weight.

Back
Top Bottom