Props to the sound guys at The Marquee Theater, AZ

Deadpool_25

Fractal Fanatic
I saw Killswitch Engage last weekend. Not only did they sound great, so did the opening bands. Toothgrinder opened. They used at least one Axe FX and sounded quite good, though I though leads could've used a bit of a volume boost. 36 Crazyfists was next and they sounded very good too. Memphis May Fire was third. They used two or three Axe FXs and sounded excellent. KSE was playing through their Laneys, but had covers on all their cabs. Sounded amazing though.

The best thing was how the volume was perfect. Loud but on the good side of painful. I could clearly hear detail which seems rare for metal concerts these days. Most places turn stuff up so loud it's hard to actually hear any detail. So props to those sound guys. I can't wait to catch another show there.

I used to live in Phoenix and I still have friends there. They tell me the Marquee has been remodeled and it's nicer than it used to be. They put in a balcony or something, right?

I've had mixed experiences there, but more of them tended to be positive than negative. Glad you enjoyed the show.

But now that I've moved back to Colorado, I'm utterly spoiled by Red Rocks.:p

Yeah there's a balcony now. But just a railing with barstools in front of it. I haven't been up there though. That place is a great place to see a show. Perfect size.

I'm going to have to go see someone at Red Rocks one of these days!

Back
Top Bottom