Propagandhi - Victory Lap TM V2 (I certainly can't tell the difference)

fromthebark

Experienced
I PRESENT TO YOU VICTORY LAP V2 TONE MATCH FOR MARK II USERS.

This is a tone match of a Gibson SG (99% sure -> Friedman BE (I used V2) -> Marshall 4x23 W. Greenbacks) Twitter is an amazing thing. I asked the bands lead guitarist/singer and told him what I was doing (He's an Axe Owner, Use to have a AXE FX II through the power section of his 800.. now he uses his 800 and a FX8 I believe. I may have seen an AX2 at some point as well. He was happy to help, and said he couldn't wait to check it out.

I've waited 5 albums for this band to have a guitar track isolated for more than 5 seconds... finally it happened.

Here's my tone match of Victory Lap from Propagandhi. It as exact spot on as it could possibly be with my setup. can't speak for you. but over here, doin just fine.

Here's the Audio of my Tone Match in action:
PROPAGANDHI ALBUM VERSION on LEFT channel
MY GUITAR / AXE FX TM on the RIGHT channel

and here's the tonematch to DL:
http://axechange.fractalaudio.com/detail.php?preset=5705

I also suggest checking Propagandhi if you haven't before. They are brilliant musicians, write complex amazing songs, I've heard them considered Progressive Thrash.,, I have their tablature books, and I still cannot get through ONE song, It's some of the fasterst most complex chord changes i've seen in years, And they make you think, It's intellectual (often protest/pissed off) music for those who want to shred.

heres the song

Last edited:
I added a classic enhancer at about 69% at the end, dropped 80 and 10 or whatever the highever GEQ is like 3-4.. dropped 250 maybe .5, and raised 500 and 1000 about 1-1.5. That reallly got me closer than anything else. That and changing the preamp tubes from JJ to RCA, for real.

Victory Lap is my favorite album, by any band, in quite a while. I love all of Propagandhi’s stuff but this album really did it for me.

Great sound on the tone match! I just learned that song the other day. I’ve also been using bev2 on my ax8 but mines not this close to the album.

I used to love propagandhi! I watched them live in Rome Italy many many years ago, it was the tomorrow ashes tour I believe.

So i recently got a different unnamed modeling processor (music stores around here don't carry fractal) and propgandhi also happens to be my favorite band. Ive scoured the internet for their rig setup, found some videos of them going over there setups and have a decent start on things but im not quite there.. really want to see this tonematch but i couldn't open it up in axe-edit, i assume due to me not having the device.

Would it be possible for someone that can view this to give me a rundown of what was used / settings ? I know it wouldn't translate directly to my system but it would help a lot seeing how this was created given its so close to the album. Text, screenshots whatever! just any rundown of this would be greatly appreciated!!

Back
Top Bottom