Proof the the Axe is not only for Metal

slinky005

Power User
As we all know there are a lot of high gain / drop D, head banging , light your ass on fire demos out there with the Axe.
This is for those who are interested to hear what the Axe has to offer on the lighter side.
This was inspired by my brand spankin' new Jeff Beck Sig Strat.
Really digging the clean sounds it can produce married to the Axe.

It's kind of Steely Dan-esque.
All guitars were recorded analog (cause I was too lazy to hook up the SPDIF cable)
Everything is straight from the Axe with a little compression and reverb added in Cubase.

Everything else was done using Spectrasonics virtual instruments (RMX, Omnisphere, Trillian)

https://soundcloud.com/swp-music/cruz

Oooh, love that! It has a John Mayer feel to it! Really good to hear something fresh. :encouragement:

Thx - It's Boutique 1 with a 2x12 Santiago EJ1250
I always go to the URs first but this one jumped out at me.
I'm finding with a Strat more Hi Res IRs are working well.

Very nice!

No doubt the Axe FX while amazing for metal, is equally amazing for every other guitar sound.

Killer tones and nice playing. I never thought (since april 2009) that the axe was for metal. Always felt and still do feel that the axe is for guitars and bass.

Killer tones and nice playing. I never thought (since april 2009) that the axe was for metal. Always felt and still do feel that the axe is for guitars and bass.
I completely agree.
But when you go on Youtube to hear demos, the majority are metal.
Alot of stuff I hear here as well is hardcore stuff.
Nothing wrong with it but just wanted to show off the Axe's versatility.

mmm....super slinky groove!

btw, i've always known the axe isn't just for metal...no proof needed! :)

thank you, slinky005, for 5 years I thought Axe is only for metal, now I know it is not, because you proved it ;-) I must order one.

Back
Top Bottom