<Prompt on Edited Preset Change is ENABLED>

dB

Inspired
This message is flashing rapidly at the bottom of the display. I can't find anything about this in the manual. I power cycled it and now it's gone. Is this something to be worried about?

If you have this feature turned on, and you edit a preset, the unit will do this when you try to change away from the preset without having saved the changes. It's a safety feature that is, IIRC, on by default.

You can turn it off under the Global Settings.

Rebooting the unit clears the edited state of the preset which is why rebooting it "worked" but is technically a sledgehammer to a nail.

You'll want this OFF before you perform with the unit as doing things like using your wah and what not can cause the edited state to be triggered which would then prevent you from then changing presets mid-performance.

Just checked, My prompt on edit is set to off as well in global. Trying to recall what I was doing at the time I noticed it. I had ran FracTool to convert an XL preset to AFXIII. May have also drag and dropped an IR into cab manager in Axe-Edit.

Also happened once to me. The parameter has been set to off since day 1. It has only happened once in about 9 months of regular use.

Additionally, while flickering, it did not prevent me from changing presets or inhibit any other functionality (that I could tell) - so it appears to only be a cosmetic aberration.

I have seen this as well. Has occurred when I have both Axe-Edit and an external MIDI controller connected. Seemed to be related to changing presets, but so far I haven't been able to reproduce.

Actually... I remember last time it happened I thought it was because I used an external MIDI controller to switch presets while I had a cab browser open in Axe Edit. But I didn't take the time to try to reproduce... next time I'm messing around with the III, I'll try it.

Thank you! I had changed this to 'ON' in my initial muckaround to prevent accidental overwriting of a preset. It is under Setup/Global Settings/General - Prompt on Edited Preset Change on the FM9.
If you have this feature turned on, and you edit a preset, the unit will do this when you try to change away from the preset without having saved the changes. It's a safety feature that is, IIRC, on by default.

You can turn it off under the Global Settings.

Rebooting the unit clears the edited state of the preset which is why rebooting it "worked" but is technically a sledgehammer to a nail.

You'll want this OFF before you perform with the unit as doing things like using your wah and what not can cause the edited state to be triggered which would then prevent you from then changing presets mid-performance.

Back
Top Bottom