Progressive Metal/Djent Mixtest

this is PHAT

dayum.

edit: share patch + stems for tonematching :D <3333

edit2: is this stock superior 2? this is pretty sick

edit3: this is fw 10.05?

Last edited:
hey guys! sorry for the late reply, I've been busy in the past days..so, to the patch. The chain looks like drive - gate - amp - cab, I'm using the od808 drive 0, tone 6, mix full..just boost the mid frequencies around 1200/1400hz and the mids at about 2/3...gate: thresh about 30/40, ratio about 2, fast attack but not so much it makes the note "flubby", no hold, fast release..amp is das metal, drive pretty low, don't overdo the presence, turn the damp all the way down and boost the supply sag and the power tube bias..as for cabs, I'm using a couple of custom IRs, but you can have a really close result by using the recto v30 (OH) paired with one of the kahthallen cabs (i like the v30#2 or #3)..just experiment with your guitar and speakers..that's why I personally think a lot of the axechange patches don't sound quite right (to my ears btw)..you just have to tweak a sound from scratch that fits your gear..it's the only way you can get the tone you're looking for! (I usually share my patches - as you might know - but I think this way can get you much better results!)

great job dude!

thanx for explaining how you did the sound,

downloading already made patches is always the same to me:

1-i listen to a clip and go" wow this sound great!"
2- i donwload the patch and then go " meh..." without looking at how the guy did it.

I think most (yeah MOST) of the quality we hear in some great clip like this one as to do with the mix itself, and not only the guitar tone...

i can get awesome tone when playing alone or over a track, but mixing it into a finished product is super hard, you really nailed it here!

good job man!

Nice! Great mix!

For me, I d/l presets just to see where people make changes. The only preset patches I have been able to use straight away have been from Mark Day, the rest I will use ideas from or tweak heavily to suit my guitars/hands.

Thanks for explaining your signal chain. What guitar and pickups did you use?
Everything sounds great on my end. Keep up the awesome work.

Back
Top Bottom