Programming a FC-12 to FM3 seems really hard

Tremonti

Fractal Fanatic
I see demos, but still not seeing what needs to be where and how. Really confused....

I want FM3 to be Presets, Scenes and Effects and FC12 to be reflection of choices or a possible blend presets/effects or scenes/effects. Any simple Instructions?

Look up Layout Links, that's the easier way to do what you want I think.

Program one per button so FM3 button 1 has a layout link to the Scenes Layout on the FC12 etc.

I truly believe this could be UI'd different to allow easier understanding of what does what and where.

Still having issues.

What I want: FM3 to show Presets, Scenes and Effects and those never change(always stay in that named state on the FM3). Then I want my FC12 to show those 3 choices with 6 presets bottom and 6 effects on top, 6 scenes bottom/6 effects top and then effects that "reveals" the bottom 6 on FC12 in presets and scenes. Please let me know how to do this?

Still having issues.

What I want: FM3 to show Presets, Scenes and Effects and those never change(always stay in that named state on the FM3). Then I want my FC12 to show those 3 choices with 6 presets bottom and 6 effects on top, 6 scenes bottom/6 effects top and then effects that "reveals" the bottom 6 on FC12 in presets and scenes. Please let me know how to do this?
You need 4 layouts, then.

One for the FM3 buttons, and 3 for the FC12 - one for each set of buttons.

Use Layout Links on the FM3 buttons, since they let you assign the chosen layout for any of your attached FC pedals (in your case, the one FC12). Each FM3 button would tell the FC12 to load a particular kayout.

HTH....

Still having issues.

My suggestion is for you to download and load OMG9 and then expand it.
OMG9 is for FM3 plus FC6.
Once you load this, you will see how it is arranged and it will be quite simple to expand to the FC 12 (OMG15!)

I still can't get what I want and this is frustrating.

ISSUE: I am using an FM3 and a FC12. Using the editor I cannot change the FM3 - 3 buttons without changing the FC12's first 3 buttons AND vice versa. I am using show as and show edits on in various ways and no dice. What am I missing?

There are (from memory) 12 layouts in the FM3, the FM3 can display (at one time) any one of those layouts, the FC12 can display any number of those layouts. If you have both controllers set to display the same layout, of course you’ll see the same result.

There are buttons on the right in the FM-Edit window (again from memory) one is FC Config, in there you’ll see each controller listed, the layout number it starts with at turn-on, and the current layout number it’s displaying - change those numbers so they’re not the same and you can edit independently

There are (from memory) 12 layouts in the FM3, the FM3 can display (at one time) any one of those layouts, the FC12 can display any number of those layouts. If you have both controllers set to display the same layout, of course you’ll see the same result.

There are buttons on the right in the FM-Edit window (again from memory) one is FC Config, in there you’ll see each controller listed, the layout number it starts with at turn-on, and the current layout number it’s displaying - change those numbers so they’re not the same and you can edit independently

To correct and expand a bit:

There are a total of 9 layouts in the FM3. That's it. The layouts are stored in the FM3 and affect ANY controller connected, including the FM3.
What you want to do is have the FM3 static and the FC 12 change layout.

So you want ONE layout which the FM3 displays and each switch sends you to a different layout ON THE FC.
seems to do nothing but triggers the FC 12 to change layout:

On the OMG 9, which I recommended you load and then modify to your needs, there is one layout (8) which has 4 nearly identical views (4 times 3 switches). When you press a switch, the VIEW changes and at the same time, triggers a LAYOUT LINK which sends the FC 6 to another layout.
On your machine, you then just need to LOAD OMG 9 and then edit the linked layouts so they do what you want.
these layouts are 1, 2, 3 and 5. PRESETS, SCENES, EFFECTS, LOOPER.

Here is an OMG15. Because the FC12 has 2x the number of switches, this simplifies things a bit.

The FM3 has 3 switches. ONLY the "Presets" switch has a hold function, to get to the Looper.

You will need to set BANK SIZE to 10 rather than 6 in this version.

Otherwise, set it up according to the FM3 instructions.

Enjoy!

--

--
Matt
Fractal Audio Support

Here is an OMG15. Because the FC12 has 2x the number of switches, this simplifies things a bit.

The FM3 has 3 switches. ONLY the "Presets" switch has a hold function, to get to the Looper.

You will need to set BANK SIZE to 10 rather than 6 in this version.

Otherwise, set it up according to the FM3 instructions.

Enjoy!

--

--
Matt
Fractal Audio Support
@Admin M@ I hope this is authentic?

Back
Top Bottom