Program Change Reset Magic

GM Arts

Fractal Fanatic
My phone line's been down for about 5 days, so no Internet. Fortunately it hasn't affected me at all, as you can plainly see:

[attachment=0:u8szbkiz]stress.jpg[/attachment:u8szbkiz]

Anyway, new in version 7.15:
Cliff said:
Added “Reset on Program Change” to Modifier parameters. When set to ON the controlled parameter will be reset to the stored value upon loading the preset. The modifier will not control the parameter until the controller has changed from its previous value. Once the controller has been changed, i.e. pedal moved, the modifier then has control of the parameter.
WOO-HOO !!! Many, many thanks Cliff. :D This gives great flexibility and will also be welcomed by users with cheaper foot controllers that can't send CCs after a PC. In case anyone's wondering what to do with this setting, here's an idea:

Save a patch with an effect on, say delay with a low mix level (say 10%) and attach a modifier with PC Reset = ON. Changing to this patch will start with the saved setting, 10%. Now with a single, standard CC toggle footswitch, we can switch between 2 other delay levels (say 25% and 40%) set by the start and end modifier controls. That's 3 settings in the same patch ... nice ;-)

So, Cliff ... along similar lines, any chance of a power-up value for the 8 Internal controllers? This will solve the recurring Q's from users trying to use input volume, volume blocks or panning, finding them off at power up. Yes, I know you can connect a controller or change I/O assignments, and hopefully remember to put them back again later, but really, it is very tedious :shock: . Either way, thanks so much for the ongoing improvements; we really are spoilt by having the world's best guitar processor getting even better with your every update!

Back
Top Bottom