Prog rock/metal from Australia (Transience - 'Chimera')

bob_sheeth

Hey guys

Thanks for all the support shown for previous recordings, it's been great to hear positive reviews from the forum.

We have just released the final instalment of our debut EP with all guitars & bass tracked at home with the trusty AxeFXII.

Would love to hear some more feedback, let us know your thoughts. Enjoy!

Came looking for something like Karnivool and.... surprisingly wasn't disappointed. Nice work. I'm not a fan of screamed vocals, but that seems to be just moments here and there. So thumbs up there too.

The clean guitars weren't particularly amazing but the dirty guitars are pretty good. I didn't find the guitar tones particularly unique in some sense but they fit well and do the job. What I mean is that the instant you hear some guitar tone you can tell who it is, that's what I mean by "unique". It's something that I always try to work towards, usually in the texture of the distortion.

In terms of mastering is seems like it needs more bottom end, i.e. not enough down around 80-200hz. Probably depends on what system you are listening, but I A/B'd against some other records I like and it could use more bass freq. It's not a major point though.

Oh and if you come to Sydney at any point I'd be interested in doing some live recording (multi-track audio + 2 cameras?). I'm into producing live music videos at the moment.

Last edited:
Thanks fret. Glad you enjoyed it.

I will keep that guitar tone feedback in mind. We're tracking for our album at the moment so I will bring it up the with guys and see what we can do to improve.

Thanks for the offer of live recording man, that would be great. We're hoping to make a trip up to Sydney later in the year. We're keeping an eye out for bands/venues that might be suitable for us. I will try get in touch with you when we have something booked. Cheers

Initially I thought the same as fret regarding the bottom end but once I loaded the track into Reaper it sounded much better and the overall frequency shape looked fine, too much top end if anything i.e. 20k+.
Good track and great vocals but not quite heavy enough for me personally, gives me the feeling I'm drinking Shandy rather than Brown Ale

Initially I thought the same as fret regarding the bottom end but once I loaded the track into Reaper it sounded much better and the overall frequency shape looked fine, too much top end if anything i.e. 20k+.
Good track and great vocals but not quite heavy enough for me personally, gives me the feeling I'm drinking Shandy rather than Brown Ale

Good point Marrafat, it could be the soundcloud compression not doing justice to the mix. You can check the track out uncompressed at the bandcamp link below.
Sorry that it isn't heavy enough! We have heavy elements within our tracks but generally not heavy throughout. Have a listen to 'Memory', it may be more up your alley.

Back
Top Bottom