FM3 "Prog Rock-ish" song, Fractal for all guitar and bass - Feedback appreciated

Great work on this! I agree about the drums, although if you didn't mention that I would have easily thought they were fine and intentionally held back.

That said, please do finish this track, it sounds so good even with current drums! Would absolutely love to hear the finished version!

Great mix too btw!

Great work on this! I agree about the drums, although if you didn't mention that I would have easily thought they were fine and intentionally held back.

That said, please do finish this track, it sounds so good even with current drums! Would absolutely love to hear the finished version!

Great mix too btw!
Awesome, thanks much! Definitely plan to wrap it up for an EP or something. I appreciate you listening, cheers

First of all, it's a really great track and I love the general vibe of it!

I have a couple of points, if you are interested:

• as the others already pointed out... the drums :D
  • 1:49 maybe a split second actual silence? Might increase the impact of the riff afterwards.
  • Maybe you could increase the dynamics a little. By that I don't mean less compression but the differentiation of the perceived volume between the parts, increased overheads of the drums in the chorus, ... basically making it easier for the listener to determine where in the song you currently are. The thing really warrants it!

As I said, it's really great anyways and these are just my 2 cents.

• 1:49 maybe a split second actual silence? Might increase the impact of the riff afterwards.
  • Maybe you could increase the dynamics a little. By that I don't mean less compression but the differentiation of the perceived volume between the parts, increased overheads of the drums in the chorus, ... basically making it easier for the listener to determine where in the song you currently are. The thing really warrants it!

As I said, it's really great anyways and these

As I said, it's really great anyways and these are just my 2 cents.
Very good points, thank you for that. I completely agree that some dynamic variance would help the song a lot! It does feel longer than it is (and it's already pretty long) because much of the track is living in the same kind of dynamic space. Thanks for bringing that up and taking a listen !

Back
Top Bottom