[Prog Metal] Album preview / Full AxeFX2 guitars and bass / SD2

AlGrenadine

Legend!
Vendor
Hi all,
I'm about to finish the recording of a French metal band called Oestre. Their metal is "progressive", no djent but not far from djent, can't find a definition (make some proposals ^^).
I recorded everything with my beloved AxeFX II only and SD2.
I may share presets if wanted.

Productive critics/opinions welcome !

Oh, and please don't judge the first song, go directly to the 2nd and subsequents ;)

"Progressive Djent" ? "Djentogressive" ?
Will have a look (huuuu... an hear instead.....huuuuu.... no two in fact :mrgreen) this week-end.
Thanks for sharing !

PS : you should make some space on your private messages. I can't send you messages anymore

Last edited:
Well, my inbox is only 6 messages long, are only 6 messages allowed ? if yes, it's clearly not enough @Matt

I would simply classify it as industrial death metal :mrgreen
That's pretty much well produced. It sounds good. Though I'm not too much fond of that kind of "metal".

Not sure I understood, did you personally play the guitar parts? (I thought you were a Strat man!)

You/the band did an amazing work. Good job! Congrats.

Well, my inbox is only 6 messages long, are only 6 messages allowed ? if yes, it's clearly not enough @Matt
Check your sent items box.

I would classify it as "I WANT TO HEAR MOOOOARRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!" music. When and where is this going to be released?

well if prog metal is defined by Dream Theater, Id say far from it, Id go with something like gpz, industrial technical grind--- pure prog metal would never have those vox.

I would simply classify it as industrial death metal :mrgreen
That's pretty much well produced. It sounds good. Though I'm not too much fond of that kind of "metal".

Not sure I understood, did you personally play the guitar parts? (I thought you were a Strat man!)

You/the band did an amazing work. Good job! Congrats.

Check your sent items box.
Thanks gpz !
Yes, that must be industrial death, seems to correspond.
I did not play on this one, just recorded/mixed/mastered !
I'm still a stratman ;)

I would classify it as "I WANT TO HEAR MOOOOARRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!" music. When and where is this going to be released?
:) thanks dude !
It should be released in september but the band is still lookin for a label/distributor so i really dont know where it will becavailable... Will post updates here.
The band talked about getting the album mastered by the guys who mastered Tesseract...

well if prog metal is defined by Dream Theater, Id say far from it, Id go with something like gpz, industrial technical grind--- pure prog metal would never have those vox.
You're right. The band uses progressive adjective in its strict meaning...

New version uploaded today.
The band says "No, its' not Death Metal ! Death Metal can't be with polyrythmic sections !" What you say ? ^^

Thanks dude !
Of course they know them ! So do i ! :D
Textures is in my top10 bands ! :D
They also played with them 2 times if i remember correctly.

Haha ok awesome!
The guys from Textures are also nice guys. Spoke to them several times. They live not so far from where I live.

Saw them few times live and yes they seem to be very cool ;)
They also mastered one of the older albums of Oestre... we can say you shot straight ;)

Saw them few times live and yes they seem to be very cool ;)
They also mastered one of the older albums of Oestre... we can say you shot straight ;)

:)
If you have somebody handy with editing guitars, I would take the time to align the guitars a bit more and then get it mastered very well.

Back
Top Bottom