Producer cab packs?

markmusicman

Experienced
I am thinking about purchasing the cab packs and am wondering if anyone is really digging them? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

I will most likely purchase these. I have never added a cab yet and want to learn the process. Any cab that yo seem to lobe the most out of the producer pack? Do you like them better than he ones that come default with the Axe Fx II or are they just nice to have for different presets? Thanks I really appreciate your feedback.

I debated whether I needed to get the producer packs, especially as I have a lot of the own hammer/redwire stuff in addition to the stock ones. Wasn't sure how much benefit there would be over the new 'mix' IRs already included, but bottom line is I think the producer packs are well worth purchasing. Being able to shape the tone via mic selection resulted generally in better results for my purposes than the same stock cabs in 'mix' form.

Also, its a great way to support this company which has such a tremendous model of game-changing firmware improvements, delivered at no-charge.....

I am thinking about purchasing the cab packs and am wondering if anyone is really digging them? Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

The cab packs are well worth it. How many great recordings have there been done with just a shure 57 in front of the speaker..... thousands!! While we all have great offerings already that Fractal have given us with multiple mics on the cabinet, a 57 for example has less bottom end a little more fizz but sits really well in a mix. 20 bucks well spent.

I am going to purchase both of them today, does anyone know how they compare to the Ownhammer? I realize they are all good just looking for comparisons. Its great to see other company's helping the Axe community.

Well I purchased the two Producer cabs today and loaded one Cab into my number 1 user slot. I am so glad I purchased these, the first Cab I tried I loved it, now its a matter of trying each one as I get the time. Thanks for everyone's input! I highly recommend purchasing these if other members are looking to sculpt their sound. It really is amazing how much different a cab can make with an amp.

I like them alot! Really nice to have all the control on the sound for me at least. I love the marshall TV and Marshall JCM 800 ones, great variety!

Well I have learned the process for updating them using Fractal Bot and Axe edit. Axe edit works real nice for updating user cabs as you are able to do a bunch together rather than one at a time. Great stuff!!

The cab packs are well worth it. How many great recordings have there been done with just a shure 57 in front of the speaker..... thousands!! While we all have great offerings already that Fractal have given us with multiple mics on the cabinet, a 57 for example has less bottom end a little more fizz but sits really well in a mix. 20 bucks well spent.

I bought them just for this reason. I wanted to use the 57 only on the Marshall cabs in there. Really helps the Greenback. I think the mix IR in the factory for that 4x12 Greenback doesn't sound right but the 57-N option of that is great. The 4x12 EVL/EVS is also great with just the 57. For the Fender clean or really bright stuff, I use the mix cabs.

I have not bought them yet but I do have a bunch of the OH and Redwirez packs and really like them.
As I get closer to starting on a real recording venture I will grab them and see if I can fine tune my own sound a little bit by using them.

I was wondering what you think of the Redwirez? I see there a little bit more expensive and I know there are probably allot of the cabs I wouldn't even like in their BigBox produict. But without trying them I wouldn't know what ones to purchase individually from them. I think they sell them for $9.00 a piece.

I was wondering what you think of the Redwirez? I see there a little bit more expensive and I know there are probably allot of the cabs I wouldn't even like in their BigBox produict. But without trying them I wouldn't know what ones to purchase individually from them. I think they sell them for $9.00 a piece.

I bought the Marshall cabs and quite like them (I forgot which ones but I can check when I get home) they mix very well wiith the stock 4x12 25 watt and the stock 4x12V30

I purchased both packs and like them a lot. The 800 mix in the second pack is my favorite. I will purchase all of the packs just as a way of giving back to Fractal for giving me great free updates all the time. I have the Redwirez Big Box as well and you just have to experiment to find the ones you like. Some don't sound that good maybe not enough bass, but then you combine it with an IR that has more bass and mids and then it will sound great.

I like the BasketweaveG12M25, Marshall1960A-G12Ms, and KrankLegends. I usually stick with SM57 mic CapEdge from 1in-6in mic placement to get the right amount of low end. I also sometimes use the R121 mic.

Back
Top Bottom