"Producer" Cab Packs

gdgross

Experienced
Guys sorry if I'm rehashing an old idea here, haven'e been on the forum much lately...

A couple of years ago there was a "Producer" cab pack or two that had a bunch of great IRs, before Cliff came out with the Ultrares. At the time many of the IRs in that pack were my main go-to IRs.

Ultrares was of course a game changer, but the only drawback to me was not having those producer pack pre-mixed IRs anymore. I can't imagine that I'm in that much of a minority, where I'd rather trust someone to mix an IR who knows what they are doing that spend hours doing it myself, with potentially worse results.

So... is there already an ultrares "producer" pack like in the days of old, or is there one coming?

Again, apologies if this ground has been covered recently....

Thanks!

The current cab packs have an Aces section, which are the personal favourite IRs of those that created them. Would that not be the same?

I think the Aces are the best picks of the single mic IR's in the ML cab packs. The Alloys are the mixes, which are pretty damn good!!

I'm using the two that Mikko recommended from Cab Pack 13 and my IR hunt is over!

I think the Aces are the best picks of the single mic IR's in the ML cab packs. The Alloys are the mixes, which are pretty damn good!!

I'm using the two that Mikko recommended from Cab Pack 13 and my IR hunt is over!
Thanks guys, I'll check those out!

Exactly what these guys said. I am a Fractal Audio Systems Cab Pack "Producer". I like to give people enough options so they never feel limited but my "Producer choices" are in the Ace folders which are also the first IR's in the regular folders as well. SM57-R121 01, SM57-M160 01 and SM57-MD421 01 IR's are what I suggest people to try first. They are usually the IR's that enable you to create an awesome sounding preset in a couple of minutes.

Back
Top Bottom