Prodigy...and Luke Perry?

electronpirate

Axe-Master
Yeah, so we lost the lead singer for Prodigy. That song is still on every workout songlist that I have. Again, I am angry about the way it happened. Again.

For an odd reason, I was just as bummed that Luke Perry died. I've liked him since he did a movie called '8 Seconds'. From a guy with Western US roots, the story of Lane Frost is..prevalent. It's a movie worth seeing even if the subject matter is not your thing (well written, well acted.) I even liked his stoner turned hero in the campy movie version of 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'. At 52.

RIP.

Keith Flint. Prodigy was a HUGE influence on the music we hear today, whether people realize it or not. firestarter and other similar songs (from them and others) during that time stood out compared to the grunge era we were leaving. of course they didn't invent the style, but them pushing it to the mainstream radio really helped.

Keith Flint. Prodigy was a HUGE influence on the music we hear today, whether people realize it or not. firestarter and other similar songs (from them and others) during that time stood out compared to the grunge era we were leaving. of course they didn't invent the style, but them pushing it to the mainstream radio really helped.

This.

Agreed wholeheartedly.

You know how some songs when you hear them for the first time you will always remember where you heard it ? For me I was living in Germany in the 90’s and driving late at night on Autobahn 6 and “Firestarter” came on and completely freaked me out.

Made me an instant fan. And then of course when I saw the video I was completely hooked.

Prodigy - and Keith Flint - were the perfect amalgamation of Nine Inch Nails, Rammstein and Johnny Rotten.

I actually worked out to “Fat Of The Land” the other day.....seriously bummed.

RIP Keith. I got into The Prodigy through their collaboration with Pop Will Eat Itself (Their Law) on their Music for the Jilted Generation album. Fat of the Land was a game changer. I enjoy every track on it to this day. Liam is a mindworm crafting genius and their addition of heavy guitar samples and touring with a guitarist made them the most interesting of the electronica acts that made it big to me.

Loved some of the studio songs (Prodigy, not Luke). Couldn’t stand their concerts.

Back
Top Bottom