AFIII Processing DI track

edo

Power User
Vendor
Is there a way to process the same DI track (recorded via AF3 usb) into both AF3, AF2 and AX8? I'm making a new preset pack, and it would be cool if I could use the same exact performance to record the sample clips as opposed to play / record it 3 times..
Any help greatly appreciated!

Probably not via USB unless your daw supports multiple outputs of the same track. Might have to go analog to do this. Maybe someone has a way.

Probably not via USB unless your daw supports multiple outputs of the same track. Might have to go analog to do this. Maybe someone has a way.

Well, I didn't mean to do this via USB, I was referring to the DI track recorded via USB, then whatever it takes to record that same track through all 3 processors will do. I could just use some help to figure out the configuration / setup / settings to do it!

Well, I didn't mean to do this via USB, I was referring to the DI track recorded via USB, then whatever it takes to record that same track through all 3 processors will do. I could just use some help to figure out the configuration / setup / settings to do it!
If I understand your question you're asking how to send the same DAW track to 3 outboard effects at the same time and record the results, right? That's not really a Fractal question, it's about the DAW you use.

Most DAW-agnostic way is probably to clone the track twice, and hook up insert points on all 3 channels that go out to the processors and back, analog or digital.

Don't listen to them all at once ;)

Last edited:
If I understand your question you're asking how to send the same DAW track to 3 outboard effects at the same time and record the results, right? That's not really a Fractal question, it's about the DAW you use.

Most DAW-agnostic way is probably to clone the track twice, and hook up insert points on all 3 channels that go out to the processors and back, analog or digital.

Don't listen to them all at once ;)

I don’t necessarily need to reamp all 3 units at once, I’d just like to know if there are some general guidelines to follow in order to keep the levels consistent between the 3 processors so that the result is pretty much equivalent on the different reamped tracks

Ok, after a few experiments I shall reformulate the question (and probably post it in the AX8 forum): what's the best procedure to process an AF3 DI track into the AX8, in order to keep the gain consistent? I think the main problem is that when reamping using the af2 / 3 as audio interface the level is consistent, while with the ax8 one has to use an external interface and I'm afraid this could mess up the levels..

Back
Top Bottom