Process for transfering presets

boardwlk17

Power User
How is everyone transferring there presets from the Axefxll to the Axefxlll?
Fractool?
Should I start from scratch with the Amp settings?
Or transfer my patches and see if they sound good from there?
What's not gonna translate well?
I've had my Axefxlll since Christmas and have not touched it ,my FC12 is at ups
Thanks for any help or suggestions

How is everyone transferring there presets from the Axefxll to the Axefxlll?
Fractool?
Should I start from scratch with the Amp settings?
Or transfer my patches and see if they sound good from there?
What's not gonna translate well?
I've had my Axefxlll since Christmas and have not touched it ,my FC12 is at ups
Thanks for any help or suggestions
Fractool is your friend.

i did it manually. the Axe3 is different than the Axe2, and i found that i had to adjust far fewer things, which makes presets easier down the road.

I did it by hand... Most of my presets are using a common "template" so once I dialed in my core settings I could make fairly quick work of things.

Also, I have had mine for a while and I recall that FracTool wasn't ready yet at that time :(

After transferring a couple with Fractool, I soon realized they didn't sound the same. So I took pics of my 10 favorites I used all the time. Then I manually setup each preset using the same amps, drives and effects settings and tweaked from there.

I transformed all presets with Fractool but had to recognize that manual tuning is urgent fpr each preset (different sounding blocks, different block parameters, different X/Y- and channel-system ...). So I did and learned a lot in handling the Axe-FX III, Axe-Edit III and preset tuning - supported by Leon Todd's cool videos. All in all the Axe-FX I/II/III are fantastic adventures!

The III is a whole different animal than the II.....at least different enough that I would start fresh with your favorite amps and cabs.
And we know you have patience “had the III since Christmas and haven’t touched it” :eek:

I used Fractool to convert my presets, but over time I've pretty much redone them all manually anyway. I've learned a lot since I created the presets in my AFX II, so there were a lot of things that I could improve on/streamline on the AFX III presets. Also, my "favorite" amp blocks have changed over time, so the amps I was using in the AFX II aren't necessarily the ones I wanted to use with the AFX III. If I was to do it all over again, I'd simply start from scratch with the AFX III.

I would say it depends on how many presets you have and how complex each preset is. I have well over 200 presets, many of them packed to the gills with blocks, cross routes, and controllers. Fractool makes it way easier than manual, even though manual adjustments are necessary. Without Fractool, I wouldn't even consider the prospect.

Back
Top Bottom