Problems with USB connection

budda007

Inspired
Hi guys, I've tried to search the forum for the answer, but I can't pin point the problem.

I can connect the axe to my MacBook 10.6.8 just fine using axe edit, fractal bot, cab lab.

But I want to connect it to a DAW (Reaper) and my mac is not seeing the AXE FX + in the drop down menus on my mac.

I've re downloaded the drivers, but no go.. Could it be my usb cable? It works just fine with all the other things. Or am I just out of luck cause of my OS is at 10.6.8? Other settings I should be looking at?

Thanks in advance

last i checked, the minimum requirements are

10.5.7+ for MIDI-over-USB
10.7.4+ for USB Audio

so it looks like 10.6.8 won't do audio and is why your DAW doesn't have it as an option.

lots of people still on 10.6.8. is that due to your mac hardware or some other reason? curious.

Chris- it's an older macbook , so I think I can only go up to 10.7. Maybe it's time for a new MacBook pro. Thanks for the info.

ahh i see, thanks.

it's amazing how far computer and tech has come since 10.6.8 though. the hardware is light years ahead these days (i feel), so it must be difficult to design things for compatibility "that far back."

Back
Top Bottom