Problems with the Multidelay - PCM-70 Circular Delay

R.D.

Power User
I can’t seem to program exact ms delay times in any of the blocks ?

When a tempo is shown the Time parameter is grey’ed out, when the Tempo is “NONE” then I can only alternate between 1ms and 0ms ?

I’m guessing it’s something very simple that I’m overlooking, but I just can’t seem to find what it is !

Anyone else have the same problem … ?

you have it being controlled by an external controller like the sweep of an lfo or something?
my best guess without being able to look at mine right now...

Thanks for the tip ..., but unfortunately that's not it ..., no externals of any kind !

Anyone else ?

If you post the exact steps to recreate this problem, starting from patch 383, BYPASS, I'm sure I can help you.

PS: You can also recreate circular delays using the DUAL DELAY!

Matman said:
If you post the exact steps to recreate this problem, starting from patch 383, BYPASS, I'm sure I can help you.

PS: You can also recreate circular delays using the DUAL DELAY!

Not sure what you mean by "starting from patch 383, BYPASS ... ?

All I did was select a MultiDelay block, I paged to the Plex Delay because I thought that's what was used to recreate the PCM-70 Circular ..., I couldn't "adjust" any of the individual delay times in milliseconds. If a tempo ( 1/4, etc; ) is selected then the ms is "greyed" out. When I changed tempo to "none" then the ms box was active, but it would only show a 0 or a 1 .... For example I couldn't select 282ms ....

Then I tried the other options, Quad Tap, etc; and they were ALL the same as I just described above .... Is there something in the Global settings that I've got set up incorrectly ?

I'll E-mail you the patch if you'd like ? Just PM me your addy ....

THANKS

I assume you're using Axe-Edit since that grays tempo-based times. Did it ever display a proper time? Does the knob turn normally and adjust the true Axe-FX value, and it's just an Axe-Edit display issue? Maybe performing the "run profiler" command (the .profile file in AE's program folder contains some data about knob values/operation) or uninstalling/reinstalling is a good idea.

Bakerman said:
I assume you're using Axe-Edit since that grays tempo-based times. Did it ever display a proper time? Does the knob turn normally and adjust the true Axe-FX value, and it's just an Axe-Edit display issue? Maybe performing the "run profiler" command (the .profile file in AE's program folder contains some data about knob values/operation) or uninstalling/reinstalling is a good idea.

O.K., "a little" progress here .... Thanks for the tip !

Yes, I'm using Axe-Edit, and I tried editing directly through the Axe and it seems to be working fine. So, either I've found a "bug" in Axe-Edit or more likely I've got something switched "on/off" that shouldn't be ?

I'll keep digging ....

Matman said:
You can also recreate circular delays using the DUAL DELAY!

I'd prefer to solve my problem, as much for future reference as anything else, but I'm curious how would you get the third delay tap with only a dual delay ?

vAmpli said:
That's not what he said. But "who knows" :p
I believe it's in a few of joCCe's patches (or maybe Enzo's).

Actually it was Enzo that said this:

you can get a circular delay made with the "dual delay" block as well
no need to use the multitap one to achieve a circular delay.. not to mention the dual delay is true stereo and has spillover ….

viewtopic.php?f=11&t=11680&hilit=Lukather+Final+Mystery&start=20

I just don't know how to do it, or if it would sound as "authentic" as using the Quad-Tap Delay ... ?

R.D. said:
I just don't know how to do it, or if it would sound as "authentic" as using the Quad-Tap Delay ... ?
I would think so. Enzo is pretty specific.
OTOH, it seems the diffusion is not set there, so I guess it was not meant to clone the exact PCM70 one there.

It's in Enzo's Tri-Chorus patch (which is also among Yek's patches where it includes Circular in the name and uses dual delay).
I just shut down my gear or I could have checked...
The trick is probably in the feedback settings. L>L = 0, R>L = 42.1, R>R = 0, L>R = 42.1

If you were inputting the parameters from the HRI thread, it really is the same as preset A079, except for the order of the taps, the diffusion parameters and the mix. Or maybe you have a Standard and therefore need the dual delay?

vAmpli said:
Or maybe you have a Standard and therefore need the dual delay?

Yeah ..., it's an Ultra and ( at least for now ) I want it to be as authentic as possible. I'll worry about trying to recreate it w/a Dual Delay later ... !

Then this should be it, unless you can be even more specific programming it via the Axe itself.

tonygtr advises Diffusion Time between 13-15, I believe, so I did that.
Mix of the original, I don't know. I keep it low around 5%

Attachments

• Circular PCM70.syx
    662 bytes · Views: 48
WOW !

Thanks very much, I really appreciate it !

And I think I solved my Axe-Edit issue too .... Amazing what a re-install will do ....

O.K., off to analyze the patch ....

L8tr !

Back
Top Bottom