Problems with switching presets/switching scenes/amp blocks in a preset (tried three solutions, none work)

Macthemark

Hey All, I have an Axe FX II Mark II as well as the MFC 101 foot controller (all firmware as updated as possible). I have been trying to switch between high gain/crunch/reverb/lead tones of varying combinations seamlessly, and these are the solutions I tried, but with no avail:

1. Tried just switching each tone as a preset on the MFC footswitch (I made sure to disconnect Axe Edit) and the first transient either sounds delayed or squashed.
2. Tried Using the scenes function (again, disconnecting Axe Edit), and although the squash/delay of the first note wasn't there, there was an audible popping noise between switching the scenes.
3. I tried setting up two tone blocks (with amps---not using cab sims as part of these blocks) on a single preset, using the volume/pan block for different sides of input 1 (also tried using fx loop input for one of them too), and then using a sonicake aby pedal to split my guitar into each corresponding input. There was no delay or popping, but it still sounds like the guitar comes through a little bit on one side or the other (and this isn't the amp noise, this will often be problematic with the block that has verbs and delays, but i've tried bypassing all effects and sounds like the pickup is dying)

Any solutions/suggestions?

Yeah there’s always a slight delay when switching in preset mode. A dual amp patch and scenes is the way to go. I believe to eliminate the pops you have to make sure your amp B is set to bypass when using amp A. I forget where exactly you go to do this as I don’t have my unit in front of me, but I had the same issue and this fixed it.

It's possible as long as you don't use different channels (i.e. use X for everything). You can then setup two parallel amp blocks. Set both to mute when bypassed. In scene 1, set AMP1 enabled and AMP2 disabled. In scene 2 set AMP1 disabled and AMP2 enabled. If you want more options you can add drive blocks in front of one or both of the amps or start fiddling with controls, but I can't remember what's available in the Axe Fx II.

As soon as you alter the route path, i.e. switch from X to Y anywhere or change preset there will be an audible gap. This is true also for later generation products.

Back
Top Bottom