Problems with midi footswitch

Fenris

Inspired
Hey! I have some problems with the Axe Fx II and my midi device (Behringer FCB1010). I don't know if it doesn't work because the FW update (11.03) or because nothing. The point is that I have my FCB with my own configuration and... one day it stoped to work.

Anybody has problems with that? After the FW update? Could it be broken in my axe? It's FCB midi out to Axe midi in, uh?

Thanks

Does the MIDI LED flash on the Axe when you press FCB buttons?

If it does then all the connections are good and it would have to be a mis-match in programming between the two. Double check both units MIDI channel settings. If you have an editor capable of watching the MIDI output of the FCB, hook it up to the editor and press some FCB buttons and verify you're sending what you think you're sending.

If it doesn't light up, you probably have a bad cable or perhaps MIDI jacks. :-(

It doesn't flash... so it could be a axe problem? :(

Midi in flashes when i change anything in the preset, but not when I push my footswitch

I am having exactly same problem after updating FW 11:03. No MIDI in signal flash. I had to do system reset few times after updating FW 11.03 to fix the brittle sound I was getting. But my FCB1010 stop working. MIDI jacks are fine. I have 4 pairs of them. It was working fine before update. I would appreciate if someone can help us out here. Thanks in advance!!

Well, so it's not me only... My midi in I think that is working fine because it flashes when you edit and it works with the PC via USB... Please help or a update! Did you update to 11.02 or before to try the FCB?

You might check all your Axe Fx MIDI settings and verify nothing got altered during the FW upgrade. If if was working before the FW upgrade, that seems the most logical place to look.

You might check all your Axe Fx MIDI settings and verify nothing got altered during the FW upgrade. If if was working before the FW upgrade, that seems the most logical place to look.

It's all like before, I checked it almos 100 times. Maybe the FW upgrade has a bug...that happend before. Cliff, we need help. Im not the only one!

have you confirmed the FCB1010 to be working properly with another piece of MIDI gear? Have you done a system reset of the AxeFx? Have you tried putting the AxeFx in OMNI mode (to receive all MIDI data regardless of MIDI channel)?

have you confirmed the FCB1010 to be working properly with another piece of MIDI gear? Have you done a system reset of the AxeFx? Have you tried putting the AxeFx in OMNI mode (to receive all MIDI data regardless of MIDI channel)?

Yes to all except the first. I have to try it with another device BUT it seems working fine. Maybe @sevenstring can say if he did

How about backing up current files and trying to roll back to a previous firmware to see if MIDI comes back without issues? If so, that would certainly point to something to do with current firmware. I use the FCB1010 but am waiting a few weeks before upgrading to 11.03 f/w. I have beta 11 right now and all is fine, so I'm really curious to know if this is a firmware bug.

just curious, but you're not using AxEdit at the same time, are you?

How about backing up current files and trying to roll back to a previous firmware to see if MIDI comes back without issues? If so, that would certainly point to something to do with current firmware. I use the FCB1010 but am waiting a few weeks before upgrading to 11.03 f/w. I have beta 11 right now and all is fine, so I'm really curious to know if this is a firmware bug.

just curious, but you're not using AxEdit at the same time, are you?

No, I'm not. You can upgrade to 11 or 11.02, because we have the problems with the 11.03. I didn't try to get a previous FW because I have my live preset done and... well, you know, that makes the axe get crazy. If you upgrade your axe tell us if your fcb still works.

No, I'm not. You can upgrade to 11 or 11.02, because we have the problems with the 11.03. I didn't try to get a previous FW because I have my live preset done and... well, you know, that makes the axe get crazy. If you upgrade your axe tell us if your fcb still works.

In theory, you should be able to roll back to a firmware, test MIDI functions, and then re-install the latest firmware without negative consequences...."in theory"...No, I'm going to wait a while longer before installing 11.03. I prefer to wait a while to flush out the major bugs before doing updates. I understand why you don't want to roll back firmware, but short of an answer from FAS confirming the bug, what else can you do? do you have any other MIDI foot pedal controllers to test with the AxeFx?

In theory, you should be able to roll back to a firmware, test MIDI functions, and then re-install the latest firmware without negative consequences...."in theory"...No, I'm going to wait a while longer before installing 11.03. I prefer to wait a while to flush out the major bugs before doing updates. I understand why you don't want to roll back firmware, but short of an answer from FAS confirming the bug, what else can you do? do you have any other MIDI foot pedal controllers to test with the AxeFx?

Nop, I don't. If nobody of FAS says anything in a while I will try but... if I'm not the only one with that problem... smells of deeeeead human sacrifices... I read in the FW release notes some changes in the midi section for the axe edit 3.0 (which works fine). Maybe in that way..................

I am using the eureka chip and all is well on 11.03 on my FCB 1010. Are you using the Behringer or UNO chip?

Last edited:
I didn't change anything so I think that I use the Behringer chip. I will try today to get the FW 11.0 and test if the FCB works or not... if it's not... maybe is the FCB, if it's... its the fw...

installed 11.03 tonight and no problems to report with my stock FCB1010 controlling the Axefx.

Well... my theory to the crap.

Cables are OK
FCB seems to be OK
Axe Fx Midi In doesn't flash when FCB sends midi functions
Axe Fx Midi In flashes when edit presets directly or by the Axe Edit 3.1

WTF is happend?

This is what I made last time:

- Reset the System
- Set Midi Channel to Omni
- Set display offset to 1

Connections:

FCB1010 Midi out -> Axe Fx II Midi In

Do I forget anything? USB ADAPTER MODE? MIDI THRU? PROG CHANGE? MAPPING MODE? IGNORE REDUNDANT PC? Everything is default. Maybe my problem was a reset on the FW update and I didn't update any important thing...

Fuck I'm getting crazy... I think that Midi In connection could be break but I can't send the axe now... I have a important recording in 1 month :(

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom