Problems with MFC 101 and Expression Pedals

krcassid

Inspired
I am trying to set up my old Axe 2 for a friend (I''m using the 3). Everything was working OK and then, for some unexplained reason, Expression pedal 2 stopped working. I use EP2 to control delay mix. Its always worked fine (even yesterday). But, now, EP2 does not change delay mix. The modifier is set to Ext 2. The modifier menu in Axe edit shows that Ext 2 controls delay mix. EP is plugged into EP2. What am I missing? Is there a setting that may have changed that connects EP2 to External 2?

EP1 controls volume, set to Ext 1 and is working fine.

Sorry if I'm missing something dumb. I've been using my III and the FC12 since they came out so my MFC skills are pretty rusty.

Check calibration on the MFC. Make sure that pedal movement is showing on the MFC.

Try swapping the pedal/cable with the one that is working.

I did both. Calibration is fine. I plugged the pedal that IS working on EP1/ Ext 1 into EP2 and set it to external 2--no dice. So, its not the pedal, the cable or calibration. Also tried using EP3 & 4 with no luck (though I never used those B4) Only EP1 is working with External 1

Question: Is there a setting that may have changed that connects the EP inputs on the MFC to the External controller numbers? That's the only thing that I can imagine since the same pedal/ cable that will control External 1 thru EP1 will not control External 2 from EP2. I'm thinking maybe a setting got messed up somewhere that asssigns the external controllers to the EP inputs? IOW, is External 2 ALWAYS connected to EP2 or is this a setting that may have been inadvertently changed?

Yes, you have to configure the expression pedal on the MFC to tell it what CC to use and you have to tell the Axe Fx II the CC for External 2.

I've been using Axe Fx III and FC for quite a while so no recent experience.

I checked and the external controllers are set correctly both in the MFC & the Axe 2. XP2 is set to CC17 on the MFC and CC17 is External 2 on the Axe.

Something is wrong. It was working fine yesterday. Unless somebody has additional input, I think I'll try Fractal support.

Back
Top Bottom