Problems with FM3 and Reaper... sound cutting out

jobaba

I'm using FM3 with Reaper and only one input (guitar) with some backing tracks and the sound will randomly cut out.

If I turn FM3 off and on, it will come back.

What is at fault here? Reaper, the FM3 or the computer memory? Don't think I have had this problem with FM3 without Reaper.

It’s nearly impossible to diagnose remotely. Is the sound cutting out in the recording or just via monitoring? Are you sure all drivers are up to date? Do you have the buffer settings correct? Was it working fine before and suddenly started messing up? What changed about your system since the problem occurred?

I use the FM3 with Reaper and I often lose connection as well. It can sometimes happen when recording, or if Reaper/FM3 sit idle for a while without any activity, or if I move a significant amount of recorded data within Reaper from one place/track to another. I've tried various buffer settings in Reaper, different USB cables, and I think my drivers are up to date. I don't know what else to do. I just unplug the USB cable from the computer to reconnect. I never had the problem when I had a Line6 Helix Lt. I've just learned to live with it, making sure I unplug the USB cable when taking a break, and I make sure I save my work often.

My solution to issues with FM3 USB (incorrect reported latency, noise) were to buy a focusrite interface. Not probably what you want to hear, but it just works.

It’s nearly impossible to diagnose remotely. Is the sound cutting out in the recording or just via monitoring? Are you sure all drivers are up to date? Do you have the buffer settings correct? Was it working fine before and suddenly started messing up? What changed about your system since the problem occurred?

I would say mostly during playback...

My solution to issues with FM3 USB (incorrect reported latency, noise) were to buy a focusrite interface. Not probably what you want to hear, but it just works.

I actually already have one. But that means it's the fault of the FM3?

Well that kind of sucks. Also not fun to have to set up another link in the chain.

Ive been curious about this as well. Recently, I've noticed - (and I don't know if it's some patches or a universal thing) that my right audio channel isn't "there". My FM3 has 2 Tannoy 501 Reveals plugged into the L and R outputs and the FM3 is USB into my MAC Studio. Today I noticed that it sounded "off" and then a few moments later - it was super loud as the right channel kicked in again. Is there a way to TEST the FM3 to see where the issue may be? I'd rather know if the FM3 is solid or not and then just go get new monitors? Also - would it be better to use a Scarlett 4i-4i between the FM3 and the monitors? or the 4iX4i AND a mixer? I don't want to damage anything, and I am woefully ignorant to how to set these things up. When I record I use LOGIC PRO X. Thanks for any insight, I appreciate it

Back
Top Bottom