problems with factory presets

I think it's Axe-Edit.
Nope. I used only AxeBot and Sysex Librarian. Sometimes I had to re-upload FW10 more than once to get it not to sound horrible. I switched many times between FW9 and FW10 (more than 50). FW9 upload always worked for the first time. (Yeah, I've done all those SystemClean.syx, global reset, etc, etc, only a reupload helped for FW10)

I'm having the same problem also. Just updated to the latest firmware and the suhr badger amp sounds the same as the op's.

OK, installed the new Fractal-bot. Did a FW10.02 update with it. Power cycle the axe FX2. Used Fractal-Bot and uploaded FW10-System-Clean. Power cycle the Axe-FX2. Updated FW10.02 again using Fractal-Bot. Power cycle Axe-FX2. Update all presets using Fractal-Bot. Power cycle Axe-FX2 again. Here's what I noticed:

-Overall sounds better.
-No clipping.
-Volume in headphones much louder.
-Effects much more pronouced.
-All presets sound much more different from one another than they used to until I did all this.

I have no idea why. It's a mystery but the above worked for me.

Feedback or ideas appreciated!

The issues here are all, IMHO, tied to Axe-Edit. That's beta software.

Use the Fractal bot and I'd lay odds that many of these mysterious "It sounds like crap!" ailments will disappear.

So there's nothing wrong with v10 presets? I still have v8/9 presets should I wait or can I upgrade to v10 presets

The issues here are all, IMHO, tied to Axe-Edit. That's beta software.

Use the Fractal bot and I'd lay odds that many of these mysterious "It sounds like crap!" ailments will disappear.

Quite possible but I never used Axe-edit to update anything, only to play with presets and never saving anything. But I agree some weirdness could have been going on, the program crashed a few times for reason I don't understand.

Thank you Fractal for the Fractal Bot V 1.1, I loaded both 10.0.2 update and reloaded the V10 presets with the bot. Now I am getting the good stuff, I loaded V10 and presets through Axe edit the first time and thought the presets sounded distorted, I too think Axe Edit is the culprit.

Ye i think its axe edit or sysex librarian (the one i used) that use same install method as axe edit, the new fractal bot install method have better sucess rate

Well, other than the cabs on the V10 factory presets not being to my liking, I thought they generally were OK, uploaded via Axe-Edit. This thread raised my concerns about Axe-Edit, so I used the bot to re-upload bank B. I haven't noticed any difference at all, so am I worrying for no reason?

Updated to 10.02 and replaced bank B with factory bank (I had not touched this bank at all), all using Bot 1.1.

Still experiencing too much gain. Could this be a wiring problem with my EMG-equipped guitar?

Updated to 10.02 and replaced bank B with factory bank (I had not touched this bank at all), all using Bot 1.1.

Still experiencing too much gain. Could this be a wiring problem with my EMG-equipped guitar?

I'm not experiencing any EMG related issues, in fact I find the active pickups further enhance the overall sound quality, provided they are wired correctly, there shouldn't be a problem.

Back
Top Bottom